PDA

View Full Version : Fert. Forms

Ghblue
03-21-2010, 09:22 AM
Hello everyone,

I'm redoing my fertilizer forms and was curious if anyone would share their forms with me. I am licensed of course and so is our business - Show me your forms please!!

Young Bros
03-21-2010, 12:36 PM
We use quickbooks, I scanned it, so the color is not the best:

alpine627
03-21-2010, 01:13 PM
I use Grounds Keeper pro for two reasons, pesticide record keeping and easy to use.

SeedPro
03-21-2010, 01:44 PM

Are you allowed to use Trade/Brand names as a description? In Mi. we have to use the technical name.

SeedPro
03-21-2010, 02:12 PM
And we have to have the actual amount applied not the recommended rate.

Young Bros
03-21-2010, 02:17 PM
And we have to have the actual amount applied not the recommended rate.

The blank spots are for filling in the actual amounts we used. I think the brand names are ok...I guess I should check into. I want to get our website running so we can put MSDS sheets on there.

SeedPro
03-21-2010, 03:43 PM
The blank spots are for filling in the actual amounts we used. I think the brand names are ok...I guess I should check into. I want to get our website running so we can put MSDS sheets on there.

I like the idea of MSDS on the website.....I may try that too.

But yeah.....using brand names over common names is the main complaint the Ag people have had with applicators here over the last few years. I was inspected last season and while they were really impressed with my operation they did note that I had been using brand names and need to start using common or technical names.

I think it's kinda silly really.....with the click of a mouse any doctor or customer can find out more about Three Way or whatever than I could possibly tell them and writing 24D, Mcpp, and Dicamba sounds spooky.

phasthound
03-21-2010, 05:34 PM

How do you create an invoice like that in QB's?

CHARLES CUE
03-21-2010, 06:13 PM

Go to invoices than click on customize[spelling ?] than play
Charles Cue

SeedPro
03-21-2010, 07:32 PM
I cant do invoices like that but i only have QB Simple Start.

Ghblue
03-21-2010, 09:48 PM
What do you folks from MI (or elsewhere) give customers the day of the application. I also use quickbooks and send out bills monthly.

SeedPro
03-21-2010, 10:23 PM
You need to change that because you need to leave them something stating the date, time, and what was applied and how much to what areas with re entry instructions....at the time of the application.

And a pesticide flag IF you apply pesticides.

Ghblue
03-21-2010, 10:25 PM
Yeah that was worded wrong. I looked at his invoice and it appears that would be sent out monthly. I agree you have to leave the info when completed with the job.

Any chance you will share your forms Seedpro?

Young Bros
03-21-2010, 10:57 PM

I have QB simple start plus. Go to customize and then additional cutomize and layout designer.

Young Bros
03-21-2010, 11:00 PM
You need to change that because you need to leave them something stating the date, time, and what was applied and how much to what areas with re entry instructions....at the time of the application.

And a pesticide flag IF you apply pesticides.

If you look closely and as I said earlier there is info we hand write in like amount of product used time date temp wind ect. Trying to help dude out and get attacked by the seedpro.
:hammerhead:

Young Bros
03-21-2010, 11:01 PM
What do you folks from MI (or elsewhere) give customers the day of the application. I also use quickbooks and send out bills monthly.

We print the ticket the day or so before the application and then write the date of the application and leave the invoice at the door.

RigglePLC
03-22-2010, 12:00 AM
I agree with Seedpro. Sort of confusing in Michigan. We are supposed to supply the EPA number of the product--in this case you must use the brand name, as only the brand has an EPA number. Each company is different. But you are also supposed to list the chemical name. The final concentration in the formulation and the AI rate per acre, plus the "Target" pest and "Method" of application.

Runner
03-22-2010, 05:51 AM
My SOS is dual purpose. It serves as both a statement of service, and an invoice. Some of this information may be irrelevant to the customer, but it is all on the same form, anyway. Everything is all filled out, all I do is check the boxes and/or underline the proper lines. There are very few places that are actually written out except for the comment section. This comment section is used for upselling, etc. (don't mind the grub message lol). Also, note; the positions of the addresses and names - allows me to use a windowed envelope in the event that a copy is mailed. These are printed on carbonless copies (I print my own). Another version of this is done now, which has drop down boxes, so I will be able to just do them on a laptop right in the truck, and print them on the spot. I hope this helps.

Young Bros
03-22-2010, 10:08 AM
Nice invoice runner.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
03-22-2010, 10:27 AM
In MN, I based my custom application form off of the DOA official form. We CAN use brand names for products (says so right on the form).

Young Bros
03-22-2010, 10:47 AM
In MN, I based my custom application form off of the DOA official form. We CAN use brand names for products (says so right on the form).

I still need to double check, but im pretty sure iowa is that way as well.

humble1
03-22-2010, 12:02 PM
Hello everyone,

I'm redoing my fertilizer forms and was curious if anyone would share their forms with me. I am licensed of course and so is our business - Show me your forms please!!

can your email open pdf files?
send it to me pm and I will email you.

SeedPro
03-22-2010, 12:59 PM
If you look closely and as I said earlier there is info we hand write in like amount of product used time date temp wind ect. Trying to help dude out and get attacked by the seedpro.
:hammerhead:

If you look closely you'll see I was talking to the poster above me from my state where I know the rules and mentioned HE needed to change his routine because obviously he isn't following the rules of the DAG.

Ergo. I wasn't talking to....or about you.

SeedPro
03-22-2010, 01:03 PM
My SOS is dual purpose. It serves as both a statement of service, and an invoice. Some of this information may be irrelevant to the customer, but it is all on the same form, anyway. Everything is all filled out, all I do is check the boxes and/or underline the proper lines. There are very few places that are actually written out except for the comment section. This comment section is used for upselling, etc. (don't mind the grub message lol). Also, note; the positions of the addresses and names - allows me to use a windowed envelope in the event that a copy is mailed. These are printed on carbonless copies (I print my own). Another version of this is done now, which has drop down boxes, so I will be able to just do them on a laptop right in the truck, and print them on the spot. I hope this helps.

Nice accept my understanding is that Confront and Clopyralids are banned from use on home lawns. Might want to look into it. Clopyralids is why Momentum FX changed it's formulation.

Runner
03-22-2010, 01:18 PM
Yes, this is true. However, this sos is used for commercial properties, as well. These don't get used very often, but are there if ever needed. Much like the 3 way...it essentially is never used. I prefer he Eliminate LO.

SeedPro
03-22-2010, 01:31 PM
Yes, this is true. However, this sos is used for commercial properties, as well. These don't get used very often, but are there if ever needed. Much like the 3 way...it essentially is never used. I prefer he Eliminate LO.

Confront and the original Momentum were my favorites to use. Mo is still good without the clopys but not quite as good.

JDUtah
03-22-2010, 01:57 PM
Being organic based, I have come accross a few people who quit their other providers because the provider listed all the possible chemicals on the invoice. Story goes like this..

Customer gets invoice listing all possible chemicals and researches them all. Finds that three of them are carcinogens. One of the is illegal on residential turf. Others are high toxicity. Customer calls me and asks what I use. Customer hires me after price negotiation.

I'm not telling you what is right or wrong. Nor telling you that most people even care what goes on thier lawn (as of right now most don't). BUT removing the excess may just save you those few customers.

An alternative is a custom invoice for each round. And separate invoices for residential/commercial.

SeedPro
03-22-2010, 07:43 PM
Being organic based, I have come accross a few people who quit their other providers because the provider listed all the possible chemicals on the invoice. Story goes like this..

Customer gets invoice listing all possible chemicals and researches them all. Finds that three of them are carcinogens. One of the is illegal on residential turf. Others are high toxicity. Customer calls me and asks what I use. Customer hires me after price negotiation.

I'm not telling you what is right or wrong. Nor telling you that most people even care what goes on thier lawn (as of right now most don't). BUT removing the excess may just save you those few customers.

An alternative is a custom invoice for each round. And separate invoices for residential/commercial.

And people should be informed. I have no problem with it.

And you do tell people Corn Rootin Tootin Gluten and garlic oil are both Pesticides, Yes?

JDUtah
03-22-2010, 08:17 PM
And people should be informed. I have no problem with it.

And you do tell people Corn Rootin Tootin Gluten and garlic oil are both Pesticides, Yes?

Actually no, I don't. Because I don't use them. I said organic based not organic.

The synthetic controls I use have much lower toxicity than their organic counterparts. I publicize that I am organic based, using synthetics when I have to. My customers are very informed of this.

SeedPro
03-22-2010, 09:09 PM
Actually no, I don't. Because I don't use them. I said organic based not organic.

The synthetic controls I use have much lower toxicity than their organic counterparts. I publicize that I am organic based, using synthetics when I have to. My customers are very informed of this.

I see. So you tell them Urea is Organic based because it's a synthetic organic.

Seems disingenuous to me. You use all the same junk we all do.

As long as you can sleep at night I guess.

phasthound
03-22-2010, 11:49 PM

That's not what he said. Maybe you should hear what he's doing and saying before you put words in his mouth and pass judgment without information.

JDUtah
03-23-2010, 07:02 PM

lol. Business isn't going well for you? I hope things get better. Actually, I hope it is business that isn't working out. We all know how much life can suck when personal life isn't going well.

And sorry to say this, but your ignorant assumptions have made you apear like an innacurate fool... twice now...

Again, I hope life starts going better for you. Until then, it may be more enjoyable if you leave your personal problems behind when interacting with professionals.

:drinkup:

JDUtah
03-23-2010, 07:04 PM
That's not what he said. Maybe you should hear what he's doing and saying before you put words in his mouth and pass judgment without information.

Awe Barry, he's just mad at himself. Like I used to be last year. He will get over it. And I assume at that time he will become an enjoyable person again.

SeedPro
03-23-2010, 10:31 PM
Then why don't you hippies explain to us all what you mean by Organic Based.

If I use water to mix Malathion....is that "Organic based?

Take off your birkenstock sandals, put your feet up and explain it to us.

JDUtah
03-23-2010, 10:38 PM

Ignorant again my friend. :waving:

3 misses for 3 guesses? I hope you don't mess up that much on your customerís lawns. No wonder you are so angry.

I'm 25 years old and as far away from hippie as they come.

Last I checked yard waste compost was "organic". That good enough for you, my master? *bows down in cowering admisal* <--- sarcasm

Sure I could have told you what I use sooner, but that wouldn't have been as much fun. :dancing:

SeedPro
03-23-2010, 10:42 PM
Good grief you're weird. I think you've been sniffing the biosolid feces based pile too much.

Your internet diagnosis game wont work on me, hippie. :)

I have well over fifteen years and 300,000 posts on forum boards.

ahahahaha.

phasthound
03-23-2010, 11:07 PM

Are you for real, or just a Troll?

SeedPro
03-23-2010, 11:40 PM
Are you for real, or just a Troll?

Whats a troll?

Can you answer the question?

What do you mean when you say Organic Based to people.

It's a simple question.

What I am getting at is that if you mix Malathion in Water....It could be called Organic Based. That's if you agree water is Organic.

So what do you guys mean when you say Organic Based?

That what you apply is Organic? Sortof Organic? What.

DUSTYCEDAR
03-23-2010, 11:52 PM
runner thanks for sharing your form i am updating mine and got some good ideas

SeedPro
03-23-2010, 11:53 PM
runner thanks for sharing your form i am updating mine and got some good ideas

Runners forms are Organic based. They are made from trees!

:cool2:

Runner
03-24-2010, 03:00 AM
And contain an element of carbon! lol :)
Dusty, you're quite welcome.

JDUtah
03-24-2010, 12:39 PM
I have well over fifteen years and 300,000 posts on forum boards.

ahahahaha.

That isn't something to be proud of, although it might explain some of the personal problems. And no... I do not use your definition of "Containing Carbon" as my grounds for organic. I would find that to be misrepresentation.

However you have guided this thread off subject long enough. Shall we get back on track, talking about forms? I was giving a suggestion to HELP the straight synthetic folks keep customers based on ACTUAL experience. The facts of the matter are...

-listing all the chemicals you could possibly use all season on one form may make life a little more convenient for you
-It also makes it easy for those concerned about the chemicals that you "may" be using on their lawn to investigate them.
-All it takes is one inaccurate assumption (like SeedPro has demonstrated is easy to do) and they may decide to cancel your service.

For instance... Runner uses a form for both residential and commercial accounts. If an ignorant customer finds that a pesticide is listed on his form but is banned from residential turf it is likely that they will cancel his service. Experience has shown me that rather than communicate with Runner to find out why he listed it on his form, they will simply find another company that will not apply that chemical.

I'm not saying it is right or wrong for the customer to do. I am just saying it happens. I am also suggesting that it may be beneficial for those who want to hold onto those customers to create separate forms.

All in all I have a good quote that might help us get back on track...

If you look closely you'll see I was talking to [Runner].

Ergo. I wasn't talking to....or about you.

Ignore button at its finest...

SeedPro
03-24-2010, 08:33 PM
I don't know why you can't just answer the question which was and Is....what do you mean when you tell your customers that your products are organic based.

I think it's a simple question and that you would pounce on the chance to make me eat crow.

But I stand by my statement that the claim is disingenuous at least and a flat out load of lies at most.