PDA

View Full Version : trim side scalping wheel

awm
06-20-2002, 12:20 AM
i am an admirer of the z . on viewing the machine from top via brochure,i realised something i hadnt noticed.
the trim side scalping wheel is positioned
at the exact point i prefer do a lot of my
most precise trim wk..while ive only demowed one time ,and was quite impressed,it does seem that it is positioned further out than seems to this observer ,to be necessasary.
im sure current users do well with it the way it is ,but that would be my preference. thanks for your time

Artman
06-20-2002, 06:32 PM
I have looked at some of the competition and they seem to have the same idea we have -- that is the best place to put the anti-scalp wheel for it to serve its purpose. I suppose one option is the ol' cutting torch route (but, I'm sure that will affect warranty). What do others think of this? We would like to hear from you all...

P&J Lawncare
06-20-2002, 11:45 PM
I have no problem with mine being located there and mine never scalps so don't change a thing.

awm
06-21-2002, 07:08 AM
really didnt mean to indicate scalping. i use my z to trim probably more than some. for delicate situations,i can move the front quater into and around plants with out a chance hit w the string..
thanks for your responce.

excel25
06-21-2002, 08:36 AM
I,m happy with mine.............. I have dug it in a couple of times turning on uneven areas when cutting low.

gene gls
07-13-2002, 01:01 AM
I have had my 60" Z for a few weeks now and would prefer not to have the anti scalp wheel on the trim side of the deck.

I would also prefer to have a skid bar under the discharge opening to prevent the deck from dropping down on an object.

Gene