PDA

View Full Version : Hand Boom for Backpack

Turf Dawg
03-21-2010, 01:40 PM
Does anyone know where to get a hand boom like these for a better price?http://www.rittenhouse.ca/asp/Product.asp?PG=672

I am going to order me a Shurflo 600 [battery sprayer] and would like to get a 2 or 3 nozzle boom for it. The ones I found from this company seem kind of expensive and I do not know if they will fit.

I think this set up would be good for some smaller lawns and some of my commercial ones, like banks and restaurants, with long narrow strips of turf.

SeedPro
03-21-2010, 02:40 PM
Save your money and just get a good back and forth side to side motion going with your single nozzle wand. I bought one like that years ago....cheaper and made out of the pvc....maybe 30 bucks and in theory they are neat but practically speaking they are not.

The nozzles and the connectors came in handy over the years though as spare parts.

greendoctor
03-21-2010, 11:14 PM
I make my own booms from PVC SCH 80 pipe, Quickteejet wet boom nozzle bodies and attach it to custom made hand valve assemblies. It is not cheap by any means, however I have a durable tool that will spray acreage per day no problems. The parts for this belongs on a tractor spraying millions of dollars worth of corn or wheat, but it makes spraying lawns on foot an accurate and easy operation. I will not swing a lawn gun. The valves and wands that come with most small sprayers are crap. The only one I have not had to throw out was the one that came with my B & G stainless steel hand can.