PDA

View Full Version : Drain Line attached to gutter?

Whitaker24
03-21-2010, 03:33 PM
Guys I just attached 2 10 ft pieces of solid drain pipe to existing gutter, but whats the easiest way to attach the 2 10 ft pieces? Seems to be leaking at the joining point as in this photo. Thanks for any help. I can only get it to clip once all the way around, is there a trick to make it work easier?

kirk1701
03-21-2010, 03:40 PM
Are you in an area with city water/sewage?

Storm drains at the road or something at the street to carry water off?

We had a BAD water issue, what we did was pretty similar to you only we put the perforated pipping underground, ran to the street with a drain that comes up out of the lawn at the street for the water to drain off.

Keep in mind, the drain at the street has to be lower then the land at your house for the water to flow downhill. :drinkup:

Whitaker24
03-21-2010, 03:56 PM
No we dont have city sewer ect. I plan to install a drain box or maybe a dry well in the future. Just doing this pipe drain for the time being.

Southern Elegance
03-21-2010, 04:51 PM
they make couplers to join pipes togeather

Whitaker24
03-21-2010, 04:56 PM
Would I need a coupler if its female to male type connections? I mean the ends are not the same at the joint. Thanks?

Southern Elegance
03-22-2010, 12:08 AM
no, but they do make a much better connection with the couplers. you could aslo use a silcon to seal the 2 ends togeather to stop the leak

jrodgers
03-22-2010, 04:00 PM
Just bury it with the pop-up like I said in the other post. When you do, just flip the gutter adapter around ( I can see in the picture that its upside down) so that its closer to the ground. Bury the pipe with a gradual slope away from the house and your done.

kirk1701
03-22-2010, 05:04 PM
Just bury it with the pop-up like I said in the other post. When you do, just flip the gutter adapter around ( I can see in the picture that its upside down) so that its closer to the ground. Bury the pipe with a gradual slope away from the house and your done.

Pretty much what I was getting at. Didn't see the other post

pieperlc
03-23-2010, 09:30 AM
While it's above ground duct tape around the joint. Below ground- don't worry about it.

Whitaker24
03-24-2010, 07:58 PM
I turned the gutter end piece around and it was a lil lower but im thinking about extending the gutter some to get it almost completely under ground is that a good idea?

Look at these photos how should i tie in the small line to the gutter and then run across to 2nd gutter?

Plan to tie 2 on the left in run across into the other gutter and then run one line out to a emitter per some other suggestions that should be good.

White Gardens
03-24-2010, 09:44 PM
Check out Post #95

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=272897&page=10

Do it this way and forget about it.

Whitaker24
03-24-2010, 11:00 PM
Is that standard PVC? I assume it would still work connecting all drains into one right? Im trying to avoid putting 2-3 grate boxes or 2-3 pop up emmiters. I know Ill have to have at least one on this side and one on the other drain by itself.

Whitaker24
03-25-2010, 08:34 PM
Guys I bought the emmiters today. I attached one to a line as a test after I dug a trench, and sprayed water down the drain, the emmitter would pop up but water would come out of the bottom of the hole in the emmitter. What did I do wrong? If I line it with stone will it work properly?