PDA

View Full Version : Hows this idea sound?

MikeKle
03-21-2010, 08:00 PM
If youve ever looked at any truck classified mags, you will see many big chevy kodiaks that have a regular pickup truck bed, people do this with F650s too. I was thinking one of these day cab type, single axle semi trucks would look cool set up with a pick up bed and maybe some interior upgrades? Since everyone is trying to make their pickup trucks look like a semi truck, why not make a semi truck look like a pickup truck?!!

tnmtn
03-21-2010, 08:32 PM
and you wouldn't be embarrassed driving one around. i see these trucks and then later see them for sale for much less than the sum of their parts. i guess it comes down to if you have plenty of spare money laying around, enjoy driving a truck that rides like crap, sucks fuel, isn't a speed demon, generally is loud, pain to get into and out of then go for it. i tip my hat to you, your bussiness is doing much better than mine.

360ci
03-21-2010, 08:35 PM
There's a company that does something similar. I started a thread about them a while back: http://www.lilbigrig.com/

MikeKle
03-21-2010, 10:44 PM
Im not talking about spending a fortune on it, I see many of those mid 90s intl. day cabs for under $4K all the time, and lots of Fords, Freightliners, chevy/GMC, for around the same price.