PDA

View Full Version : Laying a 10 by 8 Patio with bricks???

N.TX
03-21-2010, 07:19 PM
A customer of mine wants to make a little patio by his shed about 10ft by 8ft or so.... I would be using the red bricks that are 8" by 4". The ground is fairly level and easy to work with I think. Besides the bricks themselves ...about what should something like this go for? $250 Labor or am I way off?

capelawncare.com
03-21-2010, 07:33 PM
your WAYYYY off, and I am not real a hardscaper.

ALC-GregH
03-21-2010, 08:26 PM
Time and material's just like most other jobs.

N.TX
03-21-2010, 10:57 PM
Well its for a guy that I used to live next to so im kinda cutting him a deal...but basically I wanted to charge $25-30 bucks a man hr and I was figuring it couldnt take longer then 10 man hrs ... it will just be me and one of my helpers.

Ukisuperstar
03-21-2010, 11:07 PM
If you had all the materials ready and a plan, you could definitely finish this in one day. (Just hope you dont hit lots of rocks or clay when digging to put screening down:P)

Crash
03-22-2010, 01:15 PM
Obviously everybody has different overhead and a different idea of what they need to profit, but I think you're short selling yourself here. I realize you're doin this for a friend, but I wouldn't touch it for at least double that price.

N.TX
03-22-2010, 08:48 PM
Well thanks for your input guys. I dont want to short sell myself either but I just thought maybe if I could get within his budget and still come out at 25 an hr then I would make him happy and put a few more bucks in my pocket......but from the sounds of it maybe I should just leave it alone. Im just kinda new at the brick installation stuff so Im inexperienced at bidding it.
Again thanks for your help and im sure I will be asking for more input on future jobs.

Crash
03-22-2010, 08:52 PM
Well thanks for your input guys. I dont want to short sell myself either but I just thought maybe if I could get within his budget and still come out at 25 an hr then I would make him happy and put a few more bucks in my pocket......but from the sounds of it maybe I should just leave it alone. Im just kinda new at the brick installation stuff so Im inexperienced at bidding it.
Again thanks for your help and im sure I will be asking for more input on future jobs.

If you don't really care how much you profit, I'd go for it. You know this guy so I'm sure he won't care if you take your time. It'd be a good learning experience for the future.

N.TX
03-22-2010, 10:47 PM
True it would be a good learning experience for next time.