PDA

View Full Version : Another drain question with photos.

Whitaker24
03-21-2010, 07:28 PM
In these photos have a small drain off the left, one downspout on the left and one down on the far right. I was going to connect the 2 downspouts with separate grates, and run separate corrgulated pipes out in the yard. But what would you recommend? I could run 2 downspouts into a Y connector about in the middle of the brick work as referrence, and then run one drain out instead of 2. Or what about a dry well type device? Open to all suggestions. I have the direct tv line going into the back of the house which isnt deep at all, and the power into the house which is 30ft deep to watch out for with the downspout on the left.

jrodgers
03-21-2010, 08:22 PM
I would connect the drain and the first downspout (closest to it) with a "Y", connect the other downspout to the pipe a little later down the tube with another "Y", and run it far enough away from the house that it doesnt run back toward the house and put a pop-up emmiter in the lawn. Nice and clean. Done deal.

Whitaker24
03-21-2010, 09:33 PM
How much pressure is needed for the pop up emmiter to discharge? Would a pop up emitter work for almost any drain? I have gutter on the other side that i have just corg pipe attached to the gutter. I wanted to run it underground but it would have to be 75 ft or so to have a place to run out. Wonder if 20ft of line would work an end with a pop up emmiter there also.

jrodgers
03-22-2010, 03:50 PM
Pop-up emmiters are made for downspouts so they will pop-up with little water pressure when they need to. You can run the pipe off the gutter 2ft if you want, as long as it slopes away from the house. They are nice because it gives it a clean look and all you see is green pop-up which is flush with the lawn. Do a google search on pop-up emitters, it will explain how to install them.