PDA

View Full Version : Dump Charges

Lawnut101
03-23-2010, 02:04 PM
What do you guys usually figure for a pickup truck load taken to the dump? I usually charge around $30 depending on distance. Sometimes I charge a little less. I figure I have to be fairly cheap, because I am competing with guys that are using dump trucks/trailers. Does this sound like a good rate?

Darryl G
03-23-2010, 02:31 PM
I'd be at least $30 for a dump run plus dump fees.

Lawnut101
03-23-2010, 02:41 PM
I'd be at least $30 for a dump run plus dump fees.

Thanks for the help. The dump by us is free. I will charge more if I am hauling away stuff to a landfill. Those are expensive.

Darryl G
03-23-2010, 02:49 PM
The way I look at it is it's a 1/2 hour round trip even if it's close...by the time I drive there, dump and drive back, plus I've got a decent chance of picking up a nail or a screw...they allow lumber in the brush pile where I am. A full 8 yard load in my dump trailer is more like $75 to $80 including the $10 I pay to dump.

lawnlandscape
03-23-2010, 03:07 PM
What kinda fees are you guys paying for dumping? Around here, the only place I know where do dump is at the location where the guys who do the garbage collection crews come from. You can take anything there. Its a minimum of $27 fee per visit tho, and that is up to 1 ton.

I really wish I could find a better place to go.

Darryl G
03-23-2010, 04:35 PM
Here I can dump leaves/grass clippings and other readily compostable stuff for free. For brush it's $10/load but if you come in with a light load in a pickup, they'll usually just wave you through for free. They'll take scrap lumber in the brush pile too. They have a big tub grinder come in now and then and grind it all up then then stockpile it for people to take as mulch. Metal is free to dispose of but anything else the fees add up pretty fast.

Lawnut101
03-23-2010, 04:48 PM
The way I look at it is it's a 1/2 hour round trip even if it's close...by the time I drive there, dump and drive back, plus I've got a decent chance of picking up a nail or a screw...they allow lumber in the brush pile where I am. A full 8 yard load in my dump trailer is more like $75 to $80 including the $10 I pay to dump.

I figure a half hour too. I think $60/hr is pretty fair for truck time. Sometimes it takes me a little longer there, but other times a little less.

greenbaylawns
03-25-2010, 11:23 PM
single axle or a pickup truck is $12. Has to be tarp-ed. Double axles are $35. at the landfill. 30 min each way so I charge about $30 to dump (I have a single axle), but I add a little more to the total job to cover up the cost of the dump fee.

Florida Gardener
03-25-2010, 11:31 PM
There are 2 places in my area. One is about 10 minutes away from most of my accounts and will take normal debris. I charge $30 plus dump fees(which are pretty cheap). If I have to go to the other station which is about a 20 minute drive down there plus a lot busier(wait time), it is $50 plus fees.

Lawnut101
03-26-2010, 12:49 AM
There are 2 places in my area. One is about 10 minutes away from most of my accounts and will take normal debris. I charge $30 plus dump fees(which are pretty cheap). If I have to go to the other station which is about a 20 minute drive down there plus a lot busier(wait time), it is $50 plus fees.

I don't have to deal with that for now.... But maybe someday they will not allow contractors to dump at our facility.