PDA

View Full Version : Turfco-Bob

robertsturf
03-23-2010, 06:29 PM
Wanted to thank Bob for stopping by yesterday and taking the time to go over the T-3000 with me. I am about a year away from purchasing a new machine and it was nice to see a manufacture that takes the time to introduce a fairly new machine to an individual business owner. Granted we are not the biggest company on here and probably never will be, but it was nice to be treated in an courteous and professional manner like they do. I have not completely made up my mind yet it was just an impression that I got from them.

americanlawn
03-23-2010, 08:00 PM
Nice post bud - our opinion of TURFCO has been the same as yours for many years, and it has never swayed. When I asked if TURFCO thought about designing a ride-on applicator, Bob showed up 2 days later with the T3000 (fall 2007). We were unaware they even had a ride-on, but before Bob got out of our driveway I was on the phone with TURFCO giving them my credit card number so I could get one. Now we have 3, and we love them.

We started round one today. We trained a new employee today on the T3000. He will go out on his own (solo) starting tomorrow morning with his own T3000. Thank you turfcobob, Larry. :usflag:

SeedPro
03-23-2010, 09:22 PM
Not to sound like I am bashing but i spoke with a guy today that has an early T3000 and he said he has burnt out two pumps because when the machine runs the pump runs continuously, and that the belt is always slipping on the hopper drive and he cant run a full load of fert in it or it will never spin. He said he took the agitator out and it helped but the belt still slips.

He said he's selling it and buying a Z.

Have these issues been fixed on newer models???

a plus bob
03-23-2010, 09:29 PM
That cant be right every body is switching to T3000 according to some :confused::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Victor
03-23-2010, 10:19 PM
Come on Bob. 9:15:14 PM Rich has customers who've had problems with their machines too. I personally know two guys who swear they'll never buy another L.T. Rich machine ever again. One of those guys frequents this forum.
The thruth of the matter Bob, is that they're BOTH great machines, even though there are people who have bad things to say about both of them.

No machine is perfect.
Posted via Mobile Device

americanlawn
03-23-2010, 10:22 PM
By the end of '08, all the "bugs were" fixed (thanks to A-Team members & TURFCO). NOTE: It's best to not let the pump run dry for very long (always leave a little juice in the tank), otherwise the Hypro diaphrams will not last as long. We change diaphrams twice per year and have no probs. In 2009, our total downtime was about 1 1/2 hours per unit. Not bad for a whole years' worth of production.

"Burnt out pumps"? We have never replaced a pump. I'm guessing it was just the 2 diaphrams (not the entire pump). BTW the 2 diaphrams are cheap to buy & quick to replace (made by Hypro).

Not sure regarding belts. All our belts last over a year (you can even buy replacement belts at local auto parts stores if you don't want to buy from TURFCO). None of our belts have ever "slipped", and removing the Spyker agitator should have nothing to do with this. BTW we use the original (wire) Spyker agitators instead of the plastic ones that TURFCO recommends (cuz our guys are careful not to stick their fingers down there while the impeller is spinning). :laugh:

My guys often load up their T's to the max (both spreader hopper & saddle tanks), and I've always been expecting this weight to cause the units to break or something.....but so far, they all still run like new with no probs -- even when they hop curbs. :confused:

I must admit, the new guy we trained today on the T3000 had previous/limited experience with a LESCO HPS in his Dad's business, and he was used to the hydrostic drive. Either way, he's confident & ready to go on his own tomorrow (even with just one day's experience running a T3000).

None our T's show corrosion either (even the 1st production unit that we bought from TURFCO in early '08). That's all I know. Not saying one ride-on is better than any other -- merely first-hand experience. :waving:

Not to sound like I am bashing but i spoke with a guy today that has an early T3000 and he said he has burnt out two pumps because when the machine runs the pump runs continuously, and that the belt is always slipping on the hopper drive and he cant run a full load of fert in it or it will never spin. He said he took the agitator out and it helped but the belt still slips.

He said he's selling it and buying a Z.

Have these issues been fixed on newer models???

a plus bob
03-23-2010, 10:24 PM
Come on Bob. 9:15:14 PM Rich has customers who've had problems with their machines too. I personally know two guys who swear they'll never buy another L.T. Rich machine ever again. One of those guys frequents this forum.
The thruth of the matter Bob, is that they're BOTH great machines, even though there are people who have bad things to say about both of them.

No machine is perfect.
Posted via Mobile Device

I know no machine is perfect but I had to add my 2 cents like others do also :waving:

Victor
03-23-2010, 10:26 PM
I understand. That's all I was doing too.
Posted via Mobile Device

grassman177
03-23-2010, 10:30 PM
glad to hear you had a cool day with turfco bob. did the machine seem as it would fit your needs well, what did you like or not like about it?

americanlawn
03-23-2010, 10:30 PM
Thanks vic -- straight to the point --- I too have criticism for both. :laugh::laugh:

No machine is perfect.
Posted via Mobile Device

Victor
03-23-2010, 10:38 PM
Hey Larry. Well you know; fair IS fair. If I ever decided to buy either a T, or a Z, I couldn't go wrong with either machine. I've used them both and know from first-hand experience that they're both top-notch machines.
Posted via Mobile Device

americanlawn
03-23-2010, 11:00 PM
Same here buddy. We're blessed with several top notch companies. All are doing their best, and all have great staff. Met several from TURFCO, LT Rich, & Permagreen. Hoping to visit more this year. Never met an A$$hole yet. They're all good folks IMO. So many choices nowadays. Thank GOD, cuz it didn't used to be this way. I appreciate all those folks who produce AMERICAN MADE products that make us money. :usflag:

BTW............Is it my imagination or what. Seems to me that ALL these fine units are made in the Midwest. :walking::usflag:

turfcobob
03-23-2010, 11:47 PM
Wanted to thank Bob for stopping by yesterday and taking the time to go over the T-3000 with me. I am about a year away from purchasing a new machine and it was nice to see a manufacture that takes the time to introduce a fairly new machine to an individual business owner. Granted we are not the biggest company on here and probably never will be, but it was nice to be treated in an courteous and professional manner like they do. I have not completely made up my mind yet it was just an impression that I got from them.

Thanks for the nice comments. It is nice for me to get to make a road trip and show the machine. A guy can only work so many shows with a stand still machine. It is nice to get out and run them.

A quick comment on the pump and belts. The pump is a standard Hypro dual diaphram pump with rubber diaphrams. The life of the diaphrams is more a result of what is put through the pump not the hours it is run. I doubt that he burned them up as the pump is easily rebuildable. Takes 30 minutes to take out rebuild and replace. Cost two small rubber diaphrams. Belts were a different issue. They are designed to run loose so the Variator pulley will work correctly and the assy. was redesigned to load the m better and make them easily adjustable. Usually slipage is more the fault of load on the shaft. Some units went out with big plastic adjitators that put too much load on the belts and caused slipping. We notified everyone to get the plastic ones out but some people do not read their mail. We try to stay on top of everything as the machine evolves as it will as time goes by. Owners just need to keep in touch with us.