PDA

View Full Version : interior lighting

Mark B
03-23-2010, 11:03 PM
I had a lady ask me to finish connecting some low voltage lights MR 16s that are mounted on top of a entertainment center shining down. The top is not closed in. Are you guys just using regular wire nuts for the connections?

I am not sure who placed the lights. All I know is the lights have not been connected. Who ever installed them laid the wire out. They were planning on using 10ga wire. The run would be less 10'. The way they have it laid out the plan is to daisy chain them. It is only 6 lights. Thanks.

Pro-Scapes
04-02-2010, 09:21 AM
I had a lady ask me to finish connecting some low voltage lights MR 16s that are mounted on top of a entertainment center shining down. The top is not closed in. Are you guys just using regular wire nuts for the connections?

I am not sure who placed the lights. All I know is the lights have not been connected. Who ever installed them laid the wire out. They were planning on using 10ga wire. The run would be less 10'. The way they have it laid out the plan is to daisy chain them. It is only 6 lights. Thanks.

You should probably T them but keep in mind on interiors you would need to be a licensed electrician. I have designed and speced 6 interior projects including 1 complete home but I always have my EC do the installations.