PDA

View Full Version : Fabricated Z spray, debating purchasing a tank sprayer

CK82
03-23-2010, 11:49 PM
Pesticide/Fert. professionals please give me your advice. I currently service about 20 residentials of 5k-15k, with a few commercials of 30k, and one large property of 150k. As of last season I mounted a Spyker electric spreader on the front, and a Fimco 25gal. tank with boomless sprayer on the back of my Toro Z557. This saves my back greatly and everything seems to work great, I just want to make sure my results are professional. At seasons end I had no burn from over application.

On to my questions.
1) Is my sprayer considered a low volume sprayer as is a ride on sprayer? The specs state the sprayer pumps at 3.8GPM at 45psi max. The spray nozzles/tips are standard for the unit, and I'm not certain the rate, or if they are interchangable.

2) If it is low volume should I be mixing my tank differently. I currently am at 1.5oz/gal.

3) Do I need an agitator? The tank is constantly shaking around in transport and during operation. The pressure gauge bounces slightly, does this create agitation for lack of words?

4) Do you feel I can achieve good results with my z spray, based on my explanation of my sprayer situation?

I am more than likely going to purchase a skid sprayer, because my make shift Z spray is somewhat difficult/slow to use and requires two seperate passes for liquid weed control and fertilizer application. As well as I will use the skid sprayer as a nurse tank during the large commercial property days, and for spray use on smaller properties where the Z is too large. I read on here, that it is possible to add a ball valve of some sort and a large hose in order to fill a ride on/z spray, so hopefully it can act as a nurse tank too.

5)Do you feel this is a good choice, or should I skip the skid spray, sell the small sprayer and spreader, and purchase a ride on unit?

I'm hoping to make a decision soon. Any and all advice and constructive criticism is welcomed!

Thank you!
Chris

Young Bros
03-23-2010, 11:57 PM
For those size lawns a think a skid sprayer would be your best bet. Less investment and more versital. If you get a lot of bigger accounts then I would look at a T3000 or a LT rich Z spray and see which one fits your needs.

indyturf
03-24-2010, 01:50 AM
Sounds like you should adjust your mix rate.. 1.5oz should cover 1000k. you need to figure out how many sq ft your spraying per gallon and mix accordingly. with my PG I spray 4000k per gallon so I mix 6oz of herbicide to get 1.5oz per k.

RigglePLC
03-24-2010, 10:29 PM
Indy is right. Using water on pavement, carefully determine how many sqft you cover with one gallon. Keep your spraying speed constant everyday. Mix accordingly.

CK82
03-28-2010, 10:24 PM
I guess that makes complete sense. Each particular sprayer my Z sprayer and skid sprayer I will first need to figure out the gals. applied to 1K sq.ft. as you stated.