PDA

View Full Version : Mulch question

ALLPro Landscaping
03-24-2010, 01:44 AM
What is the lowest you go in price, for example I think the most ive ever put down was 35 yards of mulch for one job. Now I have 2 hotels owned by the same person, wants 1 bill for both, total mulch will be 200 yards, my cost for the mulch is 15 per yard, im still waiting on a new price since im buying to tractors full, normally I charge a min of 65 per yard, the most is 120 per yard, I could afford to go lower per yard, but I still want to keep the prices competitive. This is not a new b question, just don't want to low ball. Thanks

Lawnut101
03-24-2010, 02:46 AM
Well, using rough numbers, looks like you are going to have $5,600 wrapped up in materials and direct labor to spread it, assuming 1/yd per hour and assuming you have to pay an employee. Figure your overhead and then a profit amount. Seems like you could make quite a killing if you figure everything out right. Cover yourself, and make a profit. Are you going to deliver it or have it delivered? If I got the mulch for as cheap as you can, I could spread it for around $50-55/yd ($55 with delivery) and make some pretty decent money. However, there isn't a lot in there for fudge factor....

ALLPro Landscaping
03-24-2010, 02:04 PM
I agree, if I spread it for 55 per yard, that leaves me with a 14 dollar per yard per hour profit, that leaves me 2600, so I think thats the lowest im gonna go, I figured employee overhead, and skid steer per hour

Woody82986
03-24-2010, 04:13 PM
I could drop my price a bit to the $60.00/yard range if the job gets to the 10 yard or so range. Anything less than that and I will stay closer to my normal $75-$80/yard range.