PDA

View Full Version : fStonewall Pre-M + 3-Way + fescue seed

ricsin1
03-24-2010, 03:01 AM
my lawn care company just applied my early spring application. they say that it was a mixture of NITROGEN, STONEWALL PRE-EMERGENT, & 3-WAY WEED CONTROL......all this was in the form of a LIQUID....

for the life of me I can't find a label for this Stonewall...

I wanted to see if I could find any information about HOW SOON AFTER THIS APPLICATION can I ***TRY*** to overseed for fescue........

I have some yellow patches that were MY FAULT from using Round Up so I only have to see small circular areas.......

will this Stonewall pre-emergent prevent my fescue seeds from germinating...? will i just have to suffer with those yellow dead patches until the fall when I can really overseed the heck out of the yard???

Volman
03-24-2010, 10:29 AM
Depends on how much stoewall they put down. It's a pre-emerge so you wont be able to overseed untill fall

Runner
03-24-2010, 10:51 AM
Till FALLL!!!??? What the HECK??? This stuff will last about 6 to 8 weeks under "normal" conditions, and can last less time depending on rainfall and other conditions. If you have complete bare spots that were hit by Roundup, you can work up the surface in preparation for seeding, and this will break the barrier anyway. I hope this helps you.

ricsin1
03-24-2010, 10:11 PM
thanks for the info............

I dug up the patches of grass that I sprayed with Round Up to get rid of the dead yellowing weeds and grass.... i dig down about 4 inches and removed that dirt and back filled with fresh new seeding soil.. I seeded those areas with Lesco Transition Blend today and I'll just have to cross my fingers to see what happens.. hopefully something comes up....

Before my lawn care company applied the Stonewall + 3-Way I had PREVIOUSLY seeded an area about 2 weeks ago and those areas had seedlings coming up - they are about 1/2 inch tall so far AND THEN the lawn care company sprayed that area with that Nitrogen + Stonewall + 3Way mixture............

will this mix hurt my new seedlings?? i hope that since they are already 1/2 inch tall so far that they can survice and the Stonewall + 3 way doesnt stunt thier growth....