PDA

View Full Version : Customer question

DiyDave
03-24-2010, 06:34 PM
Got a question from a long time customer, which I post in its entirety: Here's the question:
I need to come up with a selection of 3 different understory trees, (or shrubs) morning sun only, if shrubs they just need to get to 6' tall by 6' wide fairly quickly .. need to be evergreen in Maryland, and with any luck they should all fruit. Plotting to get rid of the bamboo out front. Another easy day's work for our friend Dave..
After that? same criteria including evergreen (could be one single species) just needs to get to the required height / width pretty fast only these want to have long viscous thorns on them (fruit would be nice again) ..

I have an idea or two, just wanted to see what the braintrust here could think up, the area in question is pretty dark, kind of an easterly exposure, in the morning, afternoon, its shady from both the house, and woods behind the house. A cold, shady area where nothing will grow very fast, if you ask me.:waving:

PaperCutter
03-25-2010, 07:33 AM
If you're looking for edibles, check out Edible Landscaping in Afton, VA. They ship and they have a pretty huge selection. I don't know where Gambrills is, but Edible is tucked in the mountains by Wintergreen Resort, so odds are that if they can grow it, you can.