PDA

View Full Version : The end of a great day

BrandonV
03-24-2010, 06:37 PM
first things first... see attached. $300 fine because I didn't have two straps over my first pallet... new to me. Anyways trooper was a nice enough guy, but I would be too at 100$/10min. Second thing is my little lcf's alternator blew up and took the wiring harness with it.... fortuantly we have a warranty on that. Still first week of spring and a critical truck is OOC.

albhb3
03-24-2010, 07:02 PM
i got a feeling it could be a bad year I think they are gonna come down hard on everyone

clydebusa
03-24-2010, 07:15 PM
i got a feeling it could be a bad year I think they are gonna come down hard on everyone

Everything should have two straps on them. In case 1 breaks. This goes along with ladders also. Colorado use to give big fines for ladders not strapped correctly.

In OK if you are hauling with a trailer that has the guard rail on the outside of the trailer the straps must be on the inside.

albhb3
03-24-2010, 07:17 PM
I get the straps Im talking about minor things

BrandonV
03-24-2010, 07:38 PM
pallets of pavers. they're not going anywhere. none of the other trucks going out of the manufacture (and there are a lot of them) have this BUT they have headboards and this is where he got me (per him) I just think it's stupid to pick on me so much. I've been pulled 4 times in the last year and a half. This was the first time they were able to get me for anything. But I have one of the nicest trucks on the road, much bigger/safer than these jokers pulling with their little f250s and what not, and YET it makes me a target.

albhb3
03-24-2010, 08:09 PM
what is that a 45 or 5500?

BrandonV
03-24-2010, 09:44 PM
neither c7500

Gravel Rat
03-24-2010, 09:57 PM
The securement regs where I'am requires two straps over the first skid on the front of the trailer the next set of skids only needs one strap because they can't slide forward.

I always over strap loads then the a-hole cops can't pick on you for unsecure loads.

albhb3
03-24-2010, 10:11 PM
ohh I get it its to pay for that suburban hes driving:dizzy:

MikeKle
03-25-2010, 09:51 AM
Damn, here in KY they could care less if you use straps or not for anything! There is guys around here driving with loads that remind me of the way the beverly hillbillies truck was loaded!! I see lots of little S-10s with pallets loaded 12ft high with one strap or even rope sometimes! And they do it every day! It must be different depending on which state you live in.

unkownfl
03-25-2010, 01:30 PM
2 straps per item is the law unless the sides are high enough I think 4 ft. Also, 2 straps for the first ten ft plus one strap for each additional 10 ft there after so for a 20 ft ladder three straps needed. Sucks for the ticket but pallets of paver's have fallen off on I75 in Ft Myers killing people in two cars. I have also been behind a lumber truck in the same area and had a 2x4 go between me and my boss sitting on the same bench seat. This 2x4 fell off hit the road then went through the windshield and through the bench seat before stopping.

Marek
03-25-2010, 06:15 PM
Dont feel bad we got hit by DOT today too. Its nothing more than a money machine, they hit you with a few thing and hand you the bill and send you on your way.

Springmeadows
03-25-2010, 07:37 PM
I have never seen so many NC State Troopers in my area as this year. They're out looking for money. The other day I was hauling dirt and in about 11 miles I saw seven suburbans with commercial trucks stopped. I was ready for them, I think. I'm completely legal, still don't want to be stopped though.

MikeKle
03-25-2010, 08:44 PM
Thats kind of what I was talking about in another thread, about all the sudden enforcement of almost everything! They need money! and could care less if you are a risk on the road, or if youre not wearing your seat belt, or even driving drunk! They could care less about your or others safety, these laws are in place to provide an easy fine, that equals money in their pockets.