PDA

View Full Version : Lawn Grip Boots

Young Bros
03-24-2010, 10:03 PM
Just got our 2nd pair of lawn grips (Brutus):
http://www.shoebuy.com/lawn-grips-brutus/281201/603195
Loved them last year so going with them again. Tried their spray boots and they cracked right away, not getting again. Anyone else have comments on the Lawn Grips?

:walking:

DA Quality Lawn & YS
03-25-2010, 12:23 AM
Young,

I wear Lawn Grips Pro (the lower version but still with steel toe). I REALLY like my Lawn Grips - they have worn so well and are very comfortable. I did nothing but walk behind mowing the last two seasons (didn't have a Z until now), so I walked the heck out of em, but they wore well. May have to replace this season merely because the tread is starting to wear down pretty good.

Highly recommended by me.

sprayboy
03-25-2010, 07:37 AM
Just got our 2nd pair of lawn grips (Brutus):
http://www.shoebuy.com/lawn-grips-brutus/281201/603195
Loved them last year so going with them again. Tried their spray boots and they cracked right away, not getting again. Anyone else have comments on the Lawn Grips?

:walking:

I tried the spray boots a couple of years ago, they wouldn't last a week. They would split on top where they bend. Went through 2 pair then complained.
I got a full refund after talking to their tech people, they said they never saw that problem.
I called them this spring to see if they had that problem corrected and her answer was these boots are not made for any fertilizer or chemicals......water boots only.

Young Bros
03-25-2010, 09:21 AM
I tried the spray boots a couple of years ago, they wouldn't last a week. They would split on top where they bend. Went through 2 pair then complained.
I got a full refund after talking to their tech people, they said they never saw that problem.
I called them this spring to see if they had that problem corrected and her answer was these boots are not made for any fertilizer or chemicals......water boots only.

I guess I should have complained. Just like your spray boots ours didnt last a week. Love their reg boots though.

sprayboy
03-25-2010, 10:19 AM
What sucks is the aquanators fit well and were comfy to wear all day.
Wish they would hold up.

MJS
03-25-2010, 11:18 AM
I have a pair of the Lawn Grips pro, and I couldn't be more happy with how long they have lasted and the fact that they are still comfortable. Bought them in June 2008, and will probably have to buy a new pair this year - but those boots took a lot of abuse without giving me any problems. Definitely worth the money.