PDA

View Full Version : A little lawn help please

nnkrealtor
03-25-2010, 09:52 AM
I have an 80% fescue lawn and about 20% bermuda... The bermuda is in patches throughout the lawn and it looks like crap until it gets really hot here. What is the best way to get rid of the bermuda spots? Should I till them up and reseed fescue now while the bermuda is still dormant. or should I wait, burn it with roundup this summer and then till and reseed fescue in the fall?
I just want my lawn to look uniform. 20% doesn't seem like a lot but its spotty not spreat evenly throughout the lawn... Looks like huge dogs have been pissing in my yard!!! hahaha

Thanks everyone

Marcos
03-25-2010, 11:07 AM
I have an 80% fescue lawn and about 20% bermuda... The bermuda is in patches throughout the lawn and it looks like crap until it gets really hot here. What is the best way to get rid of the bermuda spots? Should I till them up and reseed fescue now while the bermuda is still dormant. or should I wait, burn it with roundup this summer and then till and reseed fescue in the fall?
I just want my lawn to look uniform. 20% doesn't seem like a lot but its spotty not spreat evenly throughout the lawn... Looks like huge dogs have been pissing in my yard!!! hahaha

Thanks everyone

Check out this label for Fusilade II:

http://www.syngentaprofessionalproducts.com/pdf/labels/SCP1084AL1A1203.pdf

One thing I can tell you about the effectiveness of Fusilade on bermudagrass in fescue:
Do this application, and (probably) 1 or 2 follow-up applications in IDEAL conditions! I'm talking about Pleasantville always 72 F occasional-passing-cloud ideal.
DON'T spray Fusilade II on a stressed-out fescue lawn in 90 degree / humid weather. And don't use surfactant (spreader-sticker) with it! Most likely, it'll get severely tip-burnt, or maybe even a lot worse if you do!

I'm fairly certain that's why Syngenta placed the phrase "not for use on home lawns" on the label! :laugh: To scare off Joe Homeowner!
But regardless, this tool has been used by both professional & retail customers alike for quite a long time now in both landscape & turf applications.