PDA

View Full Version : Labor charges

John deer Z
03-25-2010, 09:07 AM
How much do some of you all chare to plant a flat of panzies?

How about spreading a yrd of mulch (already delivered) ?

Thanks for any feed back. I am just trying to see if I am way off or about average.

ALC-GregH
03-25-2010, 09:12 AM
How will you tell if you're off by asking someone in a different area of the country? KNOW YOUR NUMBERS. 99% of a estimate is going to be time and material's. No two prices are going to be the same.

Green Feet Lawn
03-25-2010, 09:21 AM
Are you planting pansies in a bed already prepped? Is the mulch delivered next to the area, or is it 100 yds away? Basically it comes down to time. Will you move that mulch in 1 hr? If you are planting in a bed already prepped, it should take no time at all to plant 1 flat. Without knowing, we cannot say what the labor should be.

John deer Z
03-25-2010, 01:39 PM
I know there is a difference with areas but trying to get a general rule here.
Bed was already mulched had to buy panzies dig holes and put in some top soil.

Mulch the mulch was les than 50 yrds from were spreadand just spread and raked. 2 1/2 yrd. what would be your alls labor charge?

ALC-GregH
03-25-2010, 07:09 PM
what would be your alls labor charge?

What did you come up with?

Southern Elegance
03-25-2010, 08:44 PM
50 per flat

John deer Z
03-26-2010, 07:19 AM
50 per flat is what total i had but that included the flat of pazies that was 14.00. Mabey a little low.

the labor charge on the mulch was 40 per yrd was that about right?

John deer Z
03-28-2010, 06:44 PM
:confused::confused:

lawnlandscape
03-28-2010, 10:00 PM
I am getting tired of seeing this threads everyday. Honestly, I'm not trying to be a dick.. but know your expenses. And figure out how long it will take, and how much you need to make, and send the bid. Its a lot harder for me or anyone else here to asnwer these questions then for you just to do it yourself. Stop wasting everyones time. Thank you.

John deer Z
03-29-2010, 07:53 AM
mABEY YOU ARE NOT TRYING TO BE ONE BUT YOU ARE! The quote you posted has not been put on this thread or I would not have ask the question. Some pepole are just .,'*-/=- holes!!

DKJLawnCare
03-29-2010, 08:34 AM
Check your PM I sent ya one

Darryl G
03-29-2010, 09:51 AM
I am getting tired of seeing this threads everyday. Honestly, I'm not trying to be a dick.. but know your expenses. And figure out how long it will take, and how much you need to make, and send the bid. Its a lot harder for me or anyone else here to asnwer these questions then for you just to do it yourself. Stop wasting everyones time. Thank you.

Me too, especially since they don't put up their price and just want everyone else's. I don't mind if they've already done their calculations and just want to make sure they're not totally off base.

lawnlandscape
03-29-2010, 10:04 AM
Me too, especially since they don't put up their price and just want everyone else's. I don't mind if they've already done their calculations and just want to make sure they're not totally off base.

yup, I agree. I am all for helping people, and do it a lot on this forum, but posts like this just drive me nuts.

Landrus2
03-29-2010, 10:34 AM
How much do some of you all chare to plant a flat of panzies? 30$

How about spreading a yrd of mulch (already delivered) ? 25$

Thanks for any feed back. I am just trying to see if I am way off or about average.

if you have a good pace these rates are fine