PDA

View Full Version : Sod cutter

unkownfl
03-25-2010, 04:11 PM
I have rented the Ryan and other one wheeled machines and frankly they suck. If I ever get into thin grass, sand, or even a slight hill I find I have to do way to much work. I would love to be able to have a skid or dingo but these machines are just to much for my needs at the moment. I really only do a pallet per yard for a few customers so I could justify buying a sod cutter but not heavy equipment and trailer. My question to you guys is would I be better off buying a unit like Husqvarna or another manufacture that uses four wheels vs the drum? If so who do I have to choose from.

turfcobob
03-27-2010, 03:01 PM
I have rented the Ryan and other one wheeled machines and frankly they suck. If I ever get into thin grass, sand, or even a slight hill I find I have to do way to much work. I would love to be able to have a skid or dingo but these machines are just to much for my needs at the moment. I really only do a pallet per yard for a few customers so I could justify buying a sod cutter but not heavy equipment and trailer. My question to you guys is would I be better off buying a unit like Husqvarna or another manufacture that uses four wheels vs the drum? If so who do I have to choose from.

The Turfco KisKutter is the machine you need. 4 wheel, compact ( will fit in an SUV) weighs 140 o.pounds. Rear wheel drive so you can add your weight during difficult cutting. Faster cutting speed of blade get it through the tough stuff and kind and gentle on soft turf. See at Turfco.com or call 800-679-8201 for a catalog and vide