PDA

View Full Version : PG third hole adjust...

TL1981
03-25-2010, 05:15 PM
It is known that the pattern of the PG with the Lesco hopper leaves more to be desired. The right side adjust hole wide open doesn't make a noticable differance in the pattern. So I'm thinking about cutting some of the slide plate off to make the opening larger but leaving the right side adjust plate alone to maintain control. Do you think this will work?

Greenery
03-25-2010, 07:25 PM
Will it still close completely?

TL1981
03-25-2010, 07:53 PM
Haven't measured it but I think there is some extra... If I did do this I would make sure there was enough before I cut it. :)

RigglePLC
03-25-2010, 09:28 PM
Tony,
if I understand it correctly, the left hole controls the granules which become the right side of the pattern.
I suggest that you use flat pieces of metal or plastic to partly close off the remaining two holes on the inside of the hopper. Hold them down with screws so that you can adjust the size of the openings by sliding or rotating the plastic covers. Perfection is elusive--let us know what happens. Catch the output in 10 coffee mugs as you drive by--count the granules in each to judge eveness of the pattern.

GravelyGuy
03-25-2010, 09:31 PM
That flimsy little piece of metal is a $52 part. Don't screw up:)

TL1981
03-25-2010, 10:03 PM
Tony,
if I understand it correctly, the left hole controls the granules which become the right side of the pattern.
I suggest that you use flat pieces of metal or plastic to partly close off the remaining two holes on the inside of the hopper. Hold them down with screws so that you can adjust the size of the openings by sliding or rotating the plastic covers. Perfection is elusive--let us know what happens. Catch the output in 10 coffee mugs as you drive by--count the granules in each to judge eveness of the pattern.

Yeah, maybe I didn't word it specific enough... when I said right side adjust I am referring to the left hole.