PDA

View Full Version : spray tip ?

fastcat
03-25-2010, 06:48 PM
i have a surflo electric backpack sprayer with solo wand and a flat fan tip. can someone tell me of a better tip to use so that i dont have to wave the wand to get wide coverage. i am looking at getting around .5 gallon per k spraying lesco 3way. In all i guess i want to know what the best tip to use is.

americanlawn
03-25-2010, 08:32 PM
We use the same backpack sprayers. I think we're using the blue nozzle (flat). We get about a two foot spray width (depending how high you spray off the ground). We get our TeeJet nozzles at http://www.sprayers.com

They offer a wide assortment of nozzles (spray volume & spray width). I bet if you call 'em, they could tell you over the phone what you need. We deal with the Grimes, IA location, and they sell these backpacks as well.

fastcat
03-26-2010, 12:25 AM
right know i have a blue flat nozzle from tractor supply i get about a 2 foot spray so i guess it isnt that bad. what setting do you have your sprayer on (1-4). do you just walk slowly or wave the wand?

DA Quality Lawn & YS
03-26-2010, 01:44 AM
cat, if you are trying to apply 1/2 gal per k, better get walking fast. I would think your coverage with that low of vol. from a backpack may be spotty....dk.

Turf Dawg
03-26-2010, 10:52 AM
We use the same backpack sprayers. I think we're using the blue nozzle (flat). We get about a two foot spray width (depending how high you spray off the ground). We get our TeeJet nozzles at http://www.sprayers.com

They offer a wide assortment of nozzles (spray volume & spray width). I bet if you call 'em, they could tell you over the phone what you need. We deal with the Grimes, IA location, and they sell these backpacks as well.

Thank you for the link. I have been looking for a hand boom for a backpack spray wand. The few I have found have been over 50 bucks plus shipping for a two nozzle boom. Well I called your guy and they had a 2 nozzle with tips for 17 bucks. Now I'm just waiting on it to get here.:cool2::drinkup:

americanlawn
03-26-2010, 09:03 PM
Good deal Turf Dawg. I spent my earlier years in lawn care in the finest State in the Country (TEXAS). The guys at Sprayer Specialties know their stuff. They have been in business for many years, and they ship worldwide. Very cool, Larry