PDA

View Full Version : Pro Landscape software question

xtreem3d
03-25-2010, 06:15 PM
hey guys,
can you save and e-mail any design you have done in pro landscape instead of having to print it?
tia,
steve

AGLA
03-25-2010, 07:12 PM
No matter what program you use, you can download free pdf making printer drivers. Instead of printing to a printer, they make pdf files that you can email and print either on the size sheet that it is intended for or scaled to fit whatever printer the recipient has.

Primo pdf is a good one, but there are several out there. If you can print it, you can pdf it.

xtreem3d
03-25-2010, 07:18 PM
thanks...i was thinking that rather than me having to deliver a print i could e-mail everything. these are commercial properties that don't need so much one on one ...just an idea as to what will take place,
steve
PS do you know if a basic laptop is powerful enough to use the program (and not bog down) if i were onsite to make changes?

AGLA
03-26-2010, 07:20 AM
I do it all of the time with a three year old laptop that was one of the cheapest at Best Buy the day that I bought it.

In the engineering firm that I work in, I make everything into a pdf before printing it to paper. The advantages are that I have records of my drafts, I can very quickly find and print anything that I have done, I can quickly email anything that I have done, and if I want to print a reduced sized copy - the line weights reduce as well (in cad the lines stay just as thick and it muddies up the prints).

greatdanerunner
03-26-2010, 07:29 AM
I would be careful emailing designs. I have before and the customer stole my ideas.

xtreem3d
03-26-2010, 07:52 AM
I would be careful emailing designs. I have before and the customer stole my ideas.

i understand that completely ..... these are my commercial customers who don't really bid anything out,
steve

AGLA
03-26-2010, 06:06 PM
There are lots of reasons that emailing plans might be desirable (especially after they are paid for). A good contract, good retainer, and good practices go a long way to allow the safe transmittal of plans by email if necessary.

Dreams To Designs
03-27-2010, 06:57 AM
Yes, Pro Landscape has a built in PDF writer and you can also save images as JPG or any other popular form to be emailed. It's a great feature that allows you to make updates or changes for your client without making constant appointments or using snail mail.

Kirk