PDA

View Full Version : snapper brush cutter

snapper
06-22-2002, 12:29 PM
I am looking for a decent brush cutter/line trimmer. I can't see buying a pro model brush cutter right now. Stihl and Shandiawa are just too expensive. Does anybody have any expierence with the snapper brushcutter? They are made by poulan, so if any of you have expierence with them I would like to know about it too. It will only see light to medium use. I have an echo curved shaft that I traded a homelite for, but it doesn't cut high grass or brush very good. I don't want to buy a piece of junk so all insight is welcome. Thank you, snapper

snapper
06-23-2002, 09:24 PM
Okay I have searched this site and i still can't find any good info. Some one must have used poulan string trimmers. It is suppose to be a 32cc engine, straight shaft, no clutch, for 100$. And then they got a brush cutter which is the same thing, but with a clutch, different handle, and proably a few more differences for 30$ more. Would you say they are worth buying, or should they just be left there. Do you think the brush cutter is worth the extra money? Thanks for the help

Martino
06-24-2002, 02:33 PM
I don't mean to be blunt, but most of the people who would answer your question at this forum are professional lawn maintenance and landscape professionals. They usually do not buy their equipment from Wal-Mart, which is who the Snapper trimmers are private labeled for. It would be reasonable to not get replies on your particular question, because you are asking about a non-professional piece of equipment. I might suggest doing a Google search to see if you can find a forum that might be more homeowner oriented. I believe that you will find more people familiar with what you are asking in the "civilian" corps. Good luck with your decision.

dougmartin2003
05-27-2004, 09:17 PM
i bought i snapper trimmer 3 years ago and it is sthil running like it was new today