PDA

View Full Version : Single bayonet adapter to bi-pin

David Gretzmier
03-25-2010, 11:15 PM
I have seen the adapters online that allow you to go from a single bayonet 1141 or 1156 bulb, as is common on pathliters and footliters from nightscaping, and go to a longer lasting g4 or g6 bulb. I as wondering if anyone has tried these and had success. I have a job coming up whee the client has 15 nightscaping pathliters that are only a few years old, and she wants a whiter color bulb and to not have to change bulbs as often. It seems there are 2 types out there, 1 that uses g4's only with the smaller socket entirely witing the SB base, and one using a slightly larger and elevated socket that can use g4, g6, or mr-16.

any body used them? do they last?

NightScenes
03-25-2010, 11:30 PM
I've used several of the different lamp adaptors from CLL and they all seem to work fine.

ccfree
03-26-2010, 12:56 AM
I have seen the adapters online that allow you to go from a single bayonet 1141 or 1156 bulb, as is common on pathliters and footliters from nightscaping, and go to a longer lasting g4 or g6 bulb. I as wondering if anyone has tried these and had success. I have a job coming up whee the client has 15 nightscaping pathliters that are only a few years old, and she wants a whiter color bulb and to not have to change bulbs as often. It seems there are 2 types out there, 1 that uses g4's only with the smaller socket entirely witing the SB base, and one using a slightly larger and elevated socket that can use g4, g6, or mr-16.

any body used them? do they last?

Hey David,

You can get a halogen lamp just like the the T4's already on a single contact bayonet base. So you don't have to use the adapters. The manufacturer that makes them is Halco and I have sold alot of them with no problems. Great way to convert an 1156 from 900 hours to 4000. Hope that helps.

irrig8r
03-26-2010, 03:49 AM
Hey David,

You can get a halogen lamp just like the the T4's already on a single contact bayonet base. So you don't have to use the adapters. The manufacturer that makes them is Halco and I have sold alot of them with no problems. Great way to convert an 1156 from 900 hours to 4000. Hope that helps.

I had no idea these existed.

http://www.halcolighting.com/pdf/SS/L/JCUL.pdf

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
03-26-2010, 11:14 PM
I have used Long Life, Halogen SCB lamps in a few applications and I will warn you that they run VERY HOT. If the fixture uses an inverted socket, forget about it. If the fixture uses any type of composite socket, it will warp and fail no matter what orientation.

They do last, but the heat is insane.

Moving forward on a 150+ Lumen LED SCB lamp and final testing looks very promising.

Regards

David Gretzmier
06-05-2010, 03:38 PM
Just thought i would revive this thread and let folks know I am testing 6 SCB adapters from superbrightled's. I will try and take photo's of before and after pics on a nightscaping tulip style "delighter" and small spotlight "locater". I will be switching out to 10-20 watt mr-11's on the "locaters" and 20 watt g6 bi-pin's on the "delighter".

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
06-05-2010, 03:46 PM
David, you can not use a 20W bi-pin lamp in and open fixture like the deliter. The lamp gets too hot and you will have issues when moisture hits it. Also, the plastic base of the deliter socket will not handle the heat.