PDA

View Full Version : Leave bobcat on site or bring back to the shop during mulch job

cuttin-to-the-Max
03-25-2010, 11:31 PM
My buddy asked me to help him with this commercial mulch job he just got..Its going to be a good 15yrds of mulch(then another store right next door) he says so hes going to bring 2 of his skids out to the job but he doesnt know if he should leave the skids there overnight or bring them home/to the fenced yard...or leave them on site.
(2-3 day job)
What would you guys do?

Glenn Lawn Care
03-25-2010, 11:35 PM
2-3 day job for 15 yards of mulch? does he work half days or what. why does he need 2 loaders there.

nobagger
03-25-2010, 11:36 PM
My buddy asked me to help him with this commercial mulch job he just got..Its going to be a good 15yrds of mulch(then another store right next door) he says so hes going to bring 2 of his skids out to the job but he doesnt know if he should leave the skids there overnight or bring them home/to the fenced yard...or leave them on site.
(2-3 day job)
What would you guys do?

2 skids for 15yrds of mulch? Depending on the layout of the property, 15yrds of mulch should only take a bit more than 1/2 a day with a few guys.

JB1
03-25-2010, 11:37 PM
we just finished one and left it onsite, we do that most of the time.

Springmeadows
03-25-2010, 11:38 PM
I always bring mine home unless the owner is there on a residential job. A commercial job, mine comes home every night. It's expensive to drag it back and forth, but it's safer at my house with me watching then sitting in a parking lot, etc... unattended. I've alot of guys leave their stuff at the job and all them have lost multiple machines overnight. One guy left his trailer, bobcat, two buckets and a backhoe attachment....all where gone by morning except one of the buckets. They loaded his trailer w/his stuff and took it. Insurace paid the loan off and cancelled his policy, never to get it again. He lost the equity he had in the equipment and then had no insurance anymore.

Outdoors_Unlimited
03-25-2010, 11:43 PM
15 yards of mulch? We could do that in a day with wheelbarrows.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mowingman
03-25-2010, 11:49 PM
If you leave them on site overnight, pull out the batteries and take them with you. The bad guys will not want to take the time to go find batteries, and install them.

cuttin-to-the-Max
03-25-2010, 11:52 PM
he is only working half days right now and ii forgot to say they want him to pull up all the old mulch and then put down the new! isnt it better to have a thicker layer?!??!?!?!?! Thats what i always believed in!