PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use pennmulch in a hydroseeder?

Ramairfreak98ss
03-25-2010, 11:50 PM
Its small pelletized hard pieces when dry. I'd assume you could add it into a batch and when the machine is mixing it, it will moisturize and expand into the mush mulch?

Turboguy
03-26-2010, 06:01 AM
Penn Mulch will work fine in a hydro seeder if that is what you want to know. I have never used it personally but I know guys who have. The only problem with using Penn Mulch in a hydro seeder is the cost. If you use something like Profile Products "Jet Spray" which will work similarly except that you need to add your own fertilzer you would accomplish the same thing for less than half the price.

Ramairfreak98ss
03-27-2010, 10:34 PM
Penn Mulch will work fine in a hydro seeder if that is what you want to know. I have never used it personally but I know guys who have. The only problem with using Penn Mulch in a hydro seeder is the cost. If you use something like Profile Products "Jet Spray" which will work similarly except that you need to add your own fertilzer you would accomplish the same thing for less than half the price.

yeah we used to pay ~$15 a bag, now this past fall i couldnt find it under $19 a bag :/ So yeah im not deciding to use it just wondered if it would work in something like our jet agitation turbo turf 500