PDA

View Full Version : Pond Kit Supplier - Aquascapes not selling to contractors anymore?

DVS Hardscaper
03-26-2010, 09:47 AM
What happened with Aquascapes? Don't they still sell kits to contractors? I went to some website they have and there was no telephone number for calling for price quotes as they have had in the past. Or was I at the wrong website?

Anyone have any other decent companies to recommend for good quality pond kits?

AquascapeInc
03-26-2010, 10:54 AM
Hi DVS Hardscaper! This is Jennifer Zuri from Aquascape. We're still very much in business! Our website is www.aquascapeinc.com and if you need to place an order you can either search for a distributor on our site (click on the "contractors enter here" button on the right - which will take you to the contractor section where you can then click on the "find a distributor" link on the left). Or ... you can call our Customer Care department at 866.877.6637. Let me know if you need anything else!

tadpole
03-26-2010, 12:29 PM
Easy Pro still sells directly to contractors and , in my opinion, are of comparable quality to Aquascape.

Bru75
03-26-2010, 02:32 PM
I like Aquarius Supply, they should have a location not far from you.

tthomass
03-26-2010, 10:11 PM
Turf Equip and Supply in Fredrick......

DVS Hardscaper
03-26-2010, 11:56 PM
Hi DVS Hardscaper! This is Jennifer Zuri from Aquascape. We're still very much in business! Our website is www.aquascapeinc.com and if you need to place an order you can either search for a distributor on our site (click on the "contractors enter here" button on the right - which will take you to the contractor section where you can then click on the "find a distributor" link on the left). Or ... you can call our Customer Care department at 866.877.6637. Let me know if you need anything else!

Thanks Jennifer. And jennifer, I'm very web savoy when it comes to using Google. Being the site you provided above did not come up in my results - AquascapeInc may need to consider fine tuning their site's search engine optimization.....

chesie
03-27-2010, 01:21 PM
That's funny. I typed "aquascapes" & "aquascape designs" in google and they were the first and second returns respectively.

tadpole
03-27-2010, 01:49 PM
Aquascape Design is now their construction and research division. Aquascape Inc. is the administrative, product and sales part of the company. You have to click 'For Contractors' to get to that part of the site. I have not had much dealings with Aquascape since they switched over to the distributor set-up. The personal touch tha they had with their customers was lost. Some of their Distributors are also selling directly to the consumer at only a minuscule mark-up from the Contractor price. There is no way to compete with that.

DVS Hardscaper
03-27-2010, 08:17 PM
That's funny. I typed "aquascapes" & "aquascape designs" in google and they were the first and second returns respectively.

Yeah, same here.

Wasn't what I was looking for.......

AquascapeInc
03-29-2010, 11:17 AM
DVS - You were probably taken to our construction division website, which is www.aquascapedesigns.com. For the "corporate" site you'd want to visit www.aquascapeinc.com. While we have distributors across the country (including Canada), we will sell to the contractor as well. Feel free to call our toll free number to speak to a Customer Care representative who can answer any questions you might have. 866.877.6637. I'm glad you like our product and if you need anything else, you can always email me at jzuri@aquascapeinc.com. Thanks!

AquascapeInc
03-29-2010, 02:07 PM
I should add that we've added new distributors over the last couple years so there might be a new one in your location. You can find a current distributor at http://www.aquascapeinc.com/distributorlocator. We prefer that contractors purchase from our distributors first, but we understand this might not always be feasible.