PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use a Turf Teq bed edger?

billsfanvt
03-26-2010, 09:45 PM
I went to purchase a "bed shaper" bed edger but found my dealer does not carry it anymore. And now has carries Turf Teq. They are about $1000 dollars more expensive but have a lot more attributes. You can add Harley rake, sweeper,brush cutter,power rake. Plus the wheel set up is different. So before I spend all that money,(around $4400 base price) was wondering if anyone had any experience or advice. Here is a link to the websites
http://www.turfteq.com/

AA+ landscaping
03-26-2010, 10:29 PM
I went to purchase a "bed shaper" bed edger but found my dealer does not carry it anymore. And now has carries Turf Teq. They are about $1000 dollars more expensive but have a lot more attributes. You can add Harley rake, sweeper,brush cutter,power rake. Plus the wheel set up is different. So before I spend all that money,(around $4400 base price) was wondering if anyone had any experience or advice. Here is a link to the websites
http://www.turfteq.com/

Yes I have one for 3 years and love it. Saves hours of time and very easy to use. See if they will let you demo it first.:)

billsfanvt
03-27-2010, 12:04 AM
Any experience with the power broom? And should I add the locking differential if I plan to add pieces later.

AA+ landscaping
03-27-2010, 11:19 AM
Any experience with the power broom? And should I add the locking differential if I plan to add pieces later.

The power broom is around $2000.00. I would like to get it for snow. Not sure about the locking diff. I have the side winder.

br549oicu8
03-27-2010, 09:27 PM
The turfteq looks like a good machine. I plan to buy an edger this year, but will wait to see them live at the GIE Expo in October. That's the best way to compare side by side.
So far, I am most impressed with the Turfteq.

grassman177
03-27-2010, 10:01 PM
we are excited about it as it has the ability to be a trencher too, a very narrow non disburbing trencher for small irrigation and electric conduit etc.

AA+ landscaping
03-27-2010, 10:49 PM
we are excited about it as it has the ability to be a trencher too, a very narrow non disburbing trencher for small irrigation and electric conduit etc.

Yes about that it doesn't go deep about 6 inches.

grassman177
03-28-2010, 11:58 AM
ah, thanks

Turf Teq
04-21-2010, 01:36 PM
If you want to purchase and use an edger first, then add other attachments later you would need a tractor that is equipped with a differential lock kit and a wheel lock kit. It is called a TR2. That way it is universal for all our attachments. If you want to save some money now, you can buy just a straight edger and then when you are ready for another attachment you can purchase the two kits as well and install them yourself. Also, 7" is the deepest our biggest trenching blade will go.

If you want to see the machines in action, we have a bunch of videos up on youtube. Just search for Turf Teq. You can also become a fan on facebook.http://www.facebook.com/pages/Turf-Teq-LLC/186798660818

Thanks for all the positive words. Spread the word and "Discover the cutting edge."

grassman177
04-21-2010, 11:31 PM
nice, you are a sponsor. we are highly thinking of buying one of your machines for next year. my dad who is on here is going to GIE again this fall to look edgers over. he is very intersted in your machine, but will have the chance to compare all. thanks

daveyo
11-07-2010, 07:51 PM
Is the Turf Teq machine hydrolic? I don't think the broom would be any good in the snow since it can only move up to 4" anybody out there use it for snow? What size gas tank does it have?

Turf Teq
11-08-2010, 04:34 PM
The Power Broom is our most popular product during the winter. It is only meant for light snow though, like you said. The companies that use it for snow are usually out clearing snow all day and it never accumulates past the 4 or so inches that you can clear with the broom.

It has a one gallon gas tank that you'll be able to get about 3 hours of use out of before having to re-fill it.

We have released a plow attachment http://www.turfteq.com/products_plow.html for this winter. We just debuted it at the GIE+Expo in Louisville and got a great response.

daveyo
11-08-2010, 06:45 PM
So it isn't hydro, also can I have someone come out to one of our commercial properties and demo it?

Turf Teq
11-08-2010, 06:57 PM
Yes, it is a fully hydro-static transmission. Self-propelled forward and reverse. Top speed is around 4.5mph.

Your local distributor is Precision Work, they handle all sales for the Northeast. You can contact them about possibly setting up a demo.

Precision Work Inc.
75 Harbor Road
Port Washington, NY 11050
Phone: 1-516-883-2002
Fax: 1-516-883-2746
E-mail: sales@precisionworkinc.com