PDA

View Full Version : Mulchbed Edging

kirk1701
03-28-2010, 01:25 AM
Hey guys,
I'm going to create a mulch bed down one side of the yard and I'm trying to figure out how you create the edging that looks like the grass just stops and the mulch starts with no boarder like brick edging between the grass and the bed?

I've seen pics on here of it being done just don't know where.

mike174
03-28-2010, 01:31 AM
Hey guys,
I'm going to create a mulch bed down one side of the yard and I'm trying to figure out how you create the edging that looks like the grass just stops and the mulch starts with no boarder like brick edging between the grass and the bed?

I've seen pics on here of it being done just don't know where.

Use your foot & a spade

White Gardens
03-28-2010, 11:00 AM
That and take string trimmer at a 90* angle to clean it up when you are done.

If it's a large run, then go rent a bed edger at a rental house.

kirk1701
03-28-2010, 12:42 PM
That and take string trimmer at a 90* angle to clean it up when you are done.

If it's a large run, then go rent a bed edger at a rental house.

ahh bed edger so thats what its called :clapping:

Yea, its going to be a long run 105 feet down the side of the front yard and want it to have that look when its done.

I'll look into rentals.

kirk1701
03-28-2010, 06:48 PM
Sp pretty much this is what I'm going to have to do to get this look?

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=310807

I'm looking at the third pic down which shows it's been edged then dig out the inside for the mulch to sit inside the bed am I understanding that correctly?

M&B LAWN CARE
03-28-2010, 06:59 PM
well if there is sod where you want to create a bed at then use a sod cutter cut down about 2.5 inches and there is your bed edge.

kirk1701
03-28-2010, 07:06 PM
well if there is sod where you want to create a bed at then use a sod cutter cut down about 2.5 inches and there is your bed edge.

No sod, just grass I planted but due to a number of reasons, one of which is moles tend to dig in this area and I just end up repairing repairing and repairing I figured just mulch it and be done, let them dig :laugh:

Second, we'll I want to hide the mess against our property line see attached.

Third, I'm going to go all the way to the back property line where we have holly planted from the start of the backyard to the back property line and my mistake to start with was planting grass around the holly. Grass needs lime, holly not doing so well because I've limed this area :dizzy:

Stevegotcrabgrass
03-29-2010, 11:49 AM
Personally, I don't use a bed edger, I use my Powertrim edger to make the first cuts into the turf....then turn the edger around, adjust the blade and go the other direction...then take a half moon edger and clean it up by hand, then take a string trimmer and give final touch ups...then take blower and blow the dirt away...then charge the customer for a job well done....then try to upsell mulch and new plantings.....not always in that order.......

kirk1701
03-29-2010, 11:53 PM
Hey guys, I'm kinda getting mixed feeling about this project and part of me says I might be over doing it so before I started this I wanted to get some of your opinions :)

As I said above, plan was to go all the way down this side of the property line from the back property line all the way to the front property line.

Now suddenly I'm getting the feeling this might be "overkill" or look overdone; what you think?

You have one pic above which is from the road looking up toward the house.
Attached are the other 3 shots of this side of the property.

White Gardens
03-30-2010, 08:11 AM
I think it would look good and it would eliminate any trimming around the bushes and fence.

It's just a matter of time and money. If you've got those requirements, I'd say go for it.

I noticed you said you limed your yard. Was it necessary? The only reason I ask is with all the soil samples I've done, I've never had to apply lime, and usually it's always Sulfur that I have to add.

kirk1701
03-30-2010, 12:25 PM
I think it would look good and it would eliminate any trimming around the bushes and fence.

It's just a matter of time and money. If you've got those requirements, I'd say go for it.

I noticed you said you limed your yard. Was it necessary? The only reason I ask is with all the soil samples I've done, I've never had to apply lime, and usually it's always Sulfur that I have to add.

Yea I got the time and the materials have done been purchased and sitting in the driveway ready to start :drinkup:
So you say go for it, great!!!!

SULFUR!!!!
LOL White Gardens, must be the different geological area maybe. I lime the whole yard once a year about October but this side of the property you see the pics of above gets limes three times a year. I don't know what it is with this side of the lawn that just gets acidic faster which I didn't know when I first started with the renovation and took several years after being here on LawnSite to figure out what was going on with this side of the yard :cry:

Won't let me attach pic's as they are already on lawnsite HERE
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=278691 (2008)
It almost looks like disease but after a few soil samples I figured out what needed to be done, followed this three time a year schedule (Just for the side of the yard) and things have been fine since. However I did buy a bag of sulfur to bring the pH down around the holly faster.

kirk1701
04-03-2010, 11:52 AM
Should look very nicely when I get this done guys (end of next week).

I've decided not to go with the edging due to it having to be redone every so often as I've read in this section you guys end up doing every other year.

I took a walk through Lowe's the other day looking for alternatives and idea's. From the tree grouping down to the street's property line (see first pic I posted on first page) I decided to go with the brick edgers and not the cheap ones. These are 4" thick so they won't turn over and are $1.70 each :cry:

Going to take at least 50 from my count so far.

On the back side in the front, to hide the great wall of China I'm going to use the landscaping timbers and combine some of my woodworking skills. On the top side of the timber I made a grove (Called a Dado joint) 1" deep 3/4" wide for a 3/4" plywood to side down into and that will extent up about 3" to hold the mulch on my side and slowly taper it out from the top of the plywood. :laugh:

In the backyard, we have 4" on the outside of the fence so I split the landscaping timbers in half and cut a 1/4" wide dado for a 1/4" sheet of plywood 2 feet tall for the fall. When the leaves start falling I'm constantly picking up the neighbors leaves because she don't give a crap she know they will blow through the fence for me to pic up. Big surprise coming for her this fall :drinkup:

kirk1701
04-07-2010, 10:15 AM
And let the fun begin :laugh:

I already got the landscaping timbers down on the side of the house, working on the back now. Just praying the neighbor leaves the landscaping timbers alone I put down on the outside of the fence yesterday :cry:

I'll post pic's when its complete

White Gardens
04-07-2010, 11:35 AM
Nice little pile you got there Kirk, it shouldn't take too long to throw it down.

If I were you, and if you wanted to go the extra step, I'd mortar those bricks into place so they never move. I figure 1, 50lb bag of mortar per 5 feet. They'll go nowhere for the rest of the time you own the property. You'll have to dig a trench to put the block in anyway, so it would just be the time to install them with mortar.

It's up to you, but regardless how big or heavy a block for edging is, it always moves.

Bed edging every year isn't that bad. With a hand held two stroke tiller you could re-define the bed ever year in about an hour.

Good luck to you regardless, you've got some work cut out for ya.Thumbs Up

kirk1701
04-07-2010, 07:28 PM
Nice little pile you got there Kirk, it shouldn't take too long to throw it down.

If I were you, and if you wanted to go the extra step, I'd mortar those bricks into place so they never move. I figure 1, 50lb bag of mortar per 5 feet. They'll go nowhere for the rest of the time you own the property. You'll have to dig a trench to put the block in anyway, so it would just be the time to install them with mortar.

It's up to you, but regardless how big or heavy a block for edging is, it always moves.

Bed edging every year isn't that bad. With a hand held two stroke tiller you could re-define the bed ever year in about an hour.

Good luck to you regardless, you've got some work cut out for ya.Thumbs Up

Actually, I don't expect these to move, $1.79 each ;) and they are 4" wide at the base not those 1-1/2" wide skipy things you normally see.

Now!! I'm glad I did decide to go this routse and not the edging as I forgot, this area is all rock and I can just imagine trying to edge this bank (see pic below. What reminded me about the rock is what I'm running into now with trying to make the design I'm using landscaping staples and string to try to come up with the perfect circular pattern.

Go ahead guys, Laugh :laugh:

As you can see in the pic's I'm having a bit of a problem here. Whats the best way to make the design with the perfect circle or am I an the right path? Just keep moving till I get it how I want?

Is there any easier way then this?

White Gardens
04-08-2010, 07:57 AM
Looks good in the pics, I wouldn't try to do a perfect circle, just make sure your lines are clean and the curves are balanced at the minimum. Perfection sometimes can't be achieved given the layout. I know a lot of designs call for almost exact circles, but that usually doesn't happen in the real world.

I still thing you need to mortar the bricks in. Anything from small scalloped edging up to flagstone section I mortar in. My customers like to be able to ride the wheel of their rider mowers on the edge and that always pops them up.

Trust me, I'd mortar them in and just forget about them for 20+ years. If you don't you'll spend the same amount of time in 5 years adjusting them as you would have mortaring them in.

Check out post #158 and on.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=272897&page=16

kirk1701
04-08-2010, 08:35 AM
Looks good in the pics, I wouldn't try to do a perfect circle, just make sure your lines are clean and the curves are balanced at the minimum. Perfection sometimes can't be achieved given the layout. I know a lot of designs call for almost exact circles, but that usually doesn't happen in the real world.

I still thing you need to mortar the bricks in. Anything from small scalloped edging up to flagstone section I mortar in. My customers like to be able to ride the wheel of their rider mowers on the edge and that always pops them up.

Trust me, I'd mortar them in and just forget about them for 20+ years. If you don't you'll spend the same amount of time in 5 years adjusting them as you would have mortaring them in. Easy $100 as its reinstalling now while I play on PC :clapping:

Check out post #158 and on.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=272897&page=16

So there's no exact science to it great :drinkup:

I can always go back White Gardens and mortar the bricks into place after I get everything in place, right now thats my goal because I have the driveway with 8 yards of pine bark that needs to go someplace before the boss gets out the whip :laugh:

Actually I'm up a bit early, had a neighbor bring over a computer for me to repair so I can do that before daylight. I can't work outside after dark.

You do have me thinking though, I love the design in your link you posted, 3rd pic down here:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showpost.php?p=3174216&postcount=157

I'm actually going to see if I have the room to do it that way because the more area I cover just below the tree's the better, thats where I killed all them moles I posted in the Pesticide & Herbicide Application's forum, every year I have trouble there. Let the suckers dig and if I need to trap I can trap under the pine bark without damaging the lawn :cool2:

kirk1701
04-08-2010, 11:56 AM
Just showed that design to the boss White Gardens, she likes it she likes it :laugh:

Showed her the finished pics to from the link above so looks like thats what were going with. I'll post the finished pics when I get it done. Plus, this design gives me a way to measure three equal areas and decrease the size by that measurement. :clapping:

White Gardens
04-08-2010, 02:51 PM
Well Sweet, glad I could help out a little. Thumbs Up

It's all just a matter of space and function. In that job, the HO's didn't have much of a front lawn and were trying to keep as much of it as possible, but still installing a reasonably sized bed.

My original design for the property incorporated a small bed in front of the sidewalk, but yet again it was a space issue.

stacks04
04-08-2010, 03:13 PM
Just showed that design to the boss White Gardens, she likes it she likes it :laugh:

Showed her the finished pics to from the link above so looks like thats what were going with. I'll post the finished pics when I get it done. Plus, this design gives me a way to measure three equal areas and decrease the size by that measurement. :clapping:

x2. kirk if i may i'd like to ask white a question on the link posted?

white gardens, on the edging that looks like paver blocks the stuff around the house and walk, how deep do you mortar, and how much of the block is above ground? i ask because i have a new area i need to do and and existing i want to change to this style but the bed is about the thickness of the brick above the grass level. thanks alot to both of you for the ideas:)

White Gardens
04-09-2010, 09:26 AM
x2. kirk if i may i'd like to ask white a question on the link posted?

white gardens, on the edging that looks like paver blocks the stuff around the house and walk, how deep do you mortar, and how much of the block is above ground? i ask because i have a new area i need to do and and existing i want to change to this style but the bed is about the thickness of the brick above the grass level. thanks alot to both of you for the ideas:)

I try to get around 4 inches of mortar under the pavers. It's not exact as prep work is key to getting your trench dug, and sometimes you might have a high or low spot that will adjust your mortar. I run string lines to keep my run clean looking, not only to keep it strait, but consistent up and down so you don't have a wavy edge when you are done. Check and double check your trench when you've think you've got it dug out correctly to make sure the installation goes smooth.

I keep the paver close to sod height, maybe a shade bit higher. I then re-grade the bed to make sure my slope and drainage is correct. The only real low spot is the trench butting up to the paver edge, but so far I haven't had any issues with water backing up behind it as the joints in the pavers let the water move through.

kirk1701
04-09-2010, 11:48 AM
Here's the design I'm going with, just got to get the measurements from the easement up to the tree line and divide by 2 so both area's are the same length when I decrease from 9 feet to 4.5 feet :drinkup:

And the back yard and all the way up to the tree line is 4.5 feet so I start the same and end with the same.

Really like it.

White Gardens
04-09-2010, 05:49 PM
I'd put curves in it. Add a bench and some planting along the side. Your thinking about it in proper proportions, play with it a little.

White Gardens
04-09-2010, 06:59 PM

kirk1701
04-09-2010, 07:00 PM
I'd put curves in it. Add a bench and some planting along the side. Your thinking about it in proper proportions, play with it a little.

I like it WG but one, no make that two problems...

One I done laid out the brick and round-up the inside today :laugh:

Two, right below the trees I need it wider because thats where the moles like to play. I figure let the suckers dig under the mulch

kirk1701
04-10-2010, 08:39 AM
I do like the wild flowers you got in the pic White Gardens. I think were going with Azalea's or however that flower is spelled, my mom's got seed from what she grew last year and some which acually get 5' high :clapping:

For the back, I see you get evergreens/Juniper's? We have those on the other side of the hose and they've got so tall the winds we get in the spring time here (60 MPG straight line winds) end up damaging them.

Starting to see what you mean though about mortaring the bring in place :drinkup: I laid out the brick yesterday and especially on the hill they seem to wobble, not liking that already.

White Gardens
04-10-2010, 09:50 AM
I do like the wild flowers you got in the pic White Gardens. I think were going with Azalea's or however that flower is spelled, my mom's got seed from what she grew last year and some which acually get 5' high :clapping:

For the back, I see you get evergreens/Juniper's? We have those on the other side of the hose and they've got so tall the winds we get in the spring time here (60 MPG straight line winds) end up damaging them.

Starting to see what you mean though about mortaring the bring in place :drinkup: I laid out the brick yesterday and especially on the hill they seem to wobble, not liking that already.

I was just mainly shooting from the hip on those designs. I was just throwing some stuff in there from the top of my head just for a visual perspective.

Mortaring bricks in place makes me think of Ron Popeil an the rotisserie, "Set it and Forget it".:laugh:

The tall evergreens are green tower boxwoods. You might have enough shade for them, but if the winds are bad in the winter you might get some winter burn.

clean_cut
04-10-2010, 09:58 AM
Here's the design I'm going with, just got to get the measurements from the easement up to the tree line and divide by 2 so both area's are the same length when I decrease from 9 feet to 4.5 feet :drinkup:

And the back yard and all the way up to the tree line is 4.5 feet so I start the same and end with the same.

Really like it.

If I were you, I would follow white garden's idea and put some curves in the beds, don't follow it exactly, but make it interesting.

White Gardens
04-10-2010, 10:02 AM
If I were you, I would follow white garden's idea and put some curves in the beds, don't follow it exactly, but make it interesting.

Come on now, you didn't like the curves I put in. :laugh:

clean_cut
04-10-2010, 10:08 AM
Come on now, you didn't like the curves I put in. :laugh:

Yeah, your design looked great, buy I don't want him trying to spend hours to copy your design and get get it to scale to make a plan when he can easily put it together himself using your plan as a guide. :)

White Gardens
04-10-2010, 10:18 AM
Yeah, your design looked great, buy I don't want him trying to spend hours to copy your design and get get it to scale to make a plan when he can easily put it together himself using your plan as a guide. :)

I'm just ribbing you.:laugh:

Like I said that design is just conceptual. Even with a project like that you need to go out and take measurements and lay it out in the real world proportions. You can't get it perfect with a 3-D image. That's what CAD is for, and rarely do I do a CAD design.

kirk1701
04-10-2010, 10:24 AM
Like I said guys, I'm set on that design mainly because it comes out far enough just below the tree's where the mole problem is.

Besides, I layed out the brick yesterday and done round-up it :drinkup:

White Gardens
04-10-2010, 10:29 AM
Like I said guys, I'm set on that design mainly because it comes out far enough just below the tree's where the mole problem is.

Besides, I layed out the brick yesterday and done round-up it :drinkup:

Heck, there ain't nothin that can't be fixed.

Are you sure that is a mole issue? I've never seen moles concentrate on one area. Usually they run the entire yard.

kirk1701
04-10-2010, 10:35 AM
Heck, there ain't nothin that can't be fixed.

Are you sure that is a mole issue? I've never seen moles concentrate on one area. Usually they run the entire yard.

Just over the winter

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=263471&highlight=Moles&page=11

I found the hole going straight down so I know for sure there is a nest in there. And before I cover the area with mulch I am dying to dig it up and see how far down it goes and whats there :laugh:

OK, me out the door, BBLater

White Gardens
04-10-2010, 02:36 PM
Well, it was a mole alright.

Ultimately though I wouldn't take that into consideration when doing your beds. Moles travel long distances, and if the exhaust the food source in one area, then they are bound to move on. I've seen one mole cut across an acre. You might have nabbed him before he started to cut across your lawn.

You live in a semi-populated area too. The only time (at least around here) that I've seen a consistent problem with moles is on the country properties that stand alone. Any semi-urban area might have the occasional mole, but aren't a major problem and only the occasional nuisance.

Just my observation from my tiny neck of the woods. I'm the type of person also to where I'm not going to let a critter dictate my flower beds, unless it ultimately is needed for control purposes.

kirk1701
04-11-2010, 09:26 AM
Well, it was a mole alright.

Ultimately though I wouldn't take that into consideration when doing your beds. Moles travel long distances, and if the exhaust the food source in one area, then they are bound to move on. I've seen one mole cut across an acre. You might have nabbed him before he started to cut across your lawn.

You live in a semi-populated area too. The only time (at least around here) that I've seen a consistent problem with moles is on the country properties that stand alone. Any semi-urban area might have the occasional mole, but aren't a major problem and only the occasional nuisance.

Just my observation from my tiny neck of the woods. I'm the type of person also to where I'm not going to let a critter dictate my flower beds, unless it ultimately is needed for control purposes.

We'll like I said when I started this thread, thats not the only reason. This area is also hard to keep moist and I can see why now, remember a few post back I posted about all the rock? I know the pine bark will help with that issue but in the summer its hard to keep the grass from drying out. I know I still have some of that area that will need to drown in water every day but not as much.

There's also the neighbors property line which speaking of "Witch" I ran into a small issue in the back on the outside of the fence where I put the landscaping timbers that I need to correct. She has left them alone but they are not fastened to the ground as securely as I would like. I cut 3/8" rebar 12" long and drilled a hole through the timbers and hammered them in place but guess what? Yea, the dam moles have run the fence line so long that after I hammered them in place I could just pick them up straight out of the ground. :laugh:

Should I try 24" rebar?

lawnworker
04-11-2010, 06:39 PM

White gardens, if you don't mind sharing, what is the software. you use to do the photo editing with plant renderings.

White Gardens
04-11-2010, 11:15 PM
White gardens, if you don't mind sharing, what is the software. you use to do the photo editing with plant renderings.

Pro Landscapes by Drafix.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=77756

stacks04
04-12-2010, 09:34 AM
white gardens thanks for the help.

kirk1701
04-12-2010, 09:42 AM
We'll, I finished up the back and side yesterday and needless to say my butt is dragging :)

But I'm dam proud too.

Here's a few pics but I'm going to split this up into a couple posts.

1. Side of house looking toward back.
2. Back looking toward front
3. The Dado joint I mentioned earlier to allow a 3/4" piece of plywood to sit into. This is for the front to extend the pine bark up high enough to hide the cement blocks neighbor has on the property line.
4. Dado joint on the outside of fence in backyard to sit a 1/4" sheet of plywood 2 feet high down into. This is for the fall and over the winter to keep the leaves where they rightfully belong :laugh:

kirk1701
04-12-2010, 09:49 AM
Here's the next little section to work on, but its in full sun from 9 AM on so most of my work here will be done in the evenings from 5 PM till dark.

Today, I have to finish up the landscaping timbers for the property line, put the dado joints in them and get them ready to anchor.

Also, need to wait till tomorrow when neighbor is not home to jump fence and replace the rebar with 24" long stakes, 3 in each 8 foot timber. I did 3 yesterday and it seemed to grab on and hold in the ground very well so I'm going to replace the 12" rebar from the back and use it down the front side tomorrow.

kirk1701
04-23-2010, 12:40 AM
Finally finished up last night guys so thought I'd post up what it looks like now.

I tried to match these as close to the before pictures as possible so go back to page 1 and look and what it looked like then and now for comparison.

Notice I'm better then David Coperfield, I made the great wall of China disapear

kirk1701
04-23-2010, 12:43 AM
Here's more pics :drinkup:

SDelPrete
04-24-2010, 09:15 AM
loots nice...good job

kirk1701
05-06-2010, 08:53 AM
Thanks SDelPrete

Thought I'd bring this thread back and say thanks to all that helped out, it's been a huge success and I've got a lot of complements from neighbors and a lot of people who drive by, slow down and look :drinkup:

Really happy with it, sets the front yard off nicely and I'm not even finished yet.

We have marigolds planted around the tree's coming up with more marigolds in back of them that get 48" high and bloom all the way up past October. Lilly's below the tree's blooming that get 36" high with some smaller ones in front of the bigger ones and below that at the end of the line two holly bushed.

The only one that don't like it is the next door neighbor who's Great wall of china I hid :laugh:
She waited till we were done with the landscaping, called a surveyor (same one we used) and had the line surveyed to see if I was over on her. Needless to say I had metal stakes in the ground from our survey she didn't know about which I knew were they were and used them to put my landscaping timbers down with :cool2:

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/9163/img0203p.jpg

White Gardens
05-06-2010, 10:04 AM
Not bad Kirk, Looks good. Thumbs Up

GrassIsGreenerLawnCare
05-09-2010, 04:50 AM
nice work Kirk. i like how it turned out. u did a good job. i followed the thread and white gardens had some great advice and i like the topiary job u did too! that looked cool WG good call. Kirk i was weary at first but you have completely exceeded my expectations of how i thought it was going to come out. i couldnt have done it any better! i like how u put a border right in front (and close) to the fence! looks great

kirk1701
05-09-2010, 11:42 AM
Thanks GrassIsGreenerLawnCare

and White Gardens for all the help too. I put the border close to the fence because I had too, thats the property line. And with the neighbor we have I had to stake them in the ground 3 feet so I knew they could not be pulled up :laugh:

White Gardens
05-09-2010, 07:24 PM
Thanks GrassIsGreenerLawnCare

and White Gardens for all the help too. I put the border close to the fence because I had too, thats the property line. And with the neighbor we have I had to stake them in the ground 3 feet so I knew they could not be pulled up :laugh:

If I didn't know it I would say you guys are tooting my horn. :laugh:

It's no big deal and no need to give me any props. It's all just artistic/design opinion, and I have no problems letting my opinion known.:laugh:. I know there are others out there with better design skills than me, and do better work, and I look up to those people. I also know that landscaping is a form of art and art is ones own reality. With that said, I understand if some people don't like my opinion, or don't see things the way I do.

I'm just glad between people like you Kirk and the local customers that I have can appreciate some things that I bring to the table. Makes it all worth the while. It's just awesome that I can do something that I love everyday and can support my family.

kirk1701
05-10-2010, 12:31 AM
I forgot to add, I've actually had neighbors stop and complement the yard and the new landscaping, one even went as far to say he knew I was a professional landscaper :walking:

One neighbor took pictures and printed them off and brang to us.

Only one person that didn't like it, you guess it the "next door neighbor" and she can kiss my golden egg :drinkup:

kirk1701
07-05-2010, 12:45 AM
A few updated photo's for you guys. Looking great too :)
I got roses in full bloom, a climbing rose thats tall enough I had to start training it with string toward the tree and marigolds around the circular front with giant marigolds in the back of them that will bloom till November.

I got to admit though, looking at these pics on here after I posted; I think the camera just makes everything look better than it actually does. :walking:

July 4th
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/1213/img0440p.th.jpg (http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/1213/img0440p.jpg)

http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/3161/img0441.th.jpg (http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/3161/img0441.jpg)

My favorite view, before long I'll have a honeysuckle privacy fence :laugh:
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/216/img0442r.th.jpg (http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/216/img0442r.jpg)

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/8577/img0443mj.th.jpg (http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/8577/img0443mj.jpg)

kirk1701
10-14-2010, 12:03 AM
Thought I'd post up the finishing touch to this project.

As I posted on PG 2 with the grove in the landscaping timber; I just installed the plywood today.

Now, I no longer need to blow the neighbors leaves away from my fence :clapping:

AND!!!
Maybe this year she will see whose leaves are whose as the pics clearly show where the dam trees are :laugh:

I cut the plywood into three equal sections out of 48" so that made it 16" high. Now, the leaves can pile up agaist the plywood all winter if she likes.