PDA

View Full Version : HP Lesco Power Spreader

rwsawal04
03-28-2010, 08:56 AM
I just bought it yesterday and for the people who own this spreader how much slow release fertilizer you putting out per 1000 or what setting you have it on?:confused:

Snapper12
03-28-2010, 10:55 AM
Read the bag and calibrate the spreader.

Jason Rose
03-28-2010, 11:14 AM
Read the bag and calibrate the spreader.

Ditto. Seriously...

Read your manaul that came with your machine too, I'm sure it tells in there how to calibrate for both the low and high gear settings.

1. put a known weight of procudt in the hopper.
2. spread over an area of known square footage.
3. Weigh what's left in the hopper.
4. adjust your setting as needed, repeat as necessary.

If you know you need to apply 4 lbs per 1,000 and you put 20 pounds in the hopper and end up with 15 left after spreading over 1,000 sq ft, you will know you need to close the hopper a little.

It's more accurite the larger the area though. I use my own lawn. I know it's 8K (roughly) and I set my adjustment to what I believe to be "close". Dump in a 50 lb bag and spread on my lawn. I scoop and suck out the remainder in the hopper and then weigh it. If I was a little heavy I back off a bit, a little light I bump it up. A TINY adjustment of the rate control can make a difference! I don't mean whole numbers, I mean even a 1/16" adjustment on the bar.

rwsawal04
03-28-2010, 11:24 AM
Thanks alot Jason, how long have you had your spreader and is it a pretty good machine.

RigglePLC
03-28-2010, 02:33 PM
If you cannot weigh about 20 pounds or or cannot remove the remainder from the hopper...Put in 50 pounds and run it out. Then with a measuring wheel measure the area covered--adjust up or down --repeat. Or...

Ask your dealer to weigh out 4 pounds in a bucket--mark it with permanent marker. Use this to cover 1000 sqft--adjust up or down as needed. Or whatever the rate per 1000 that you need. Since the last quarter pound never comes out--this won't be perfect. The accuracy will be improved if a larger area is used--say 5000 sqft, more professional. Let us know how you come out, Ruswal. I am glad to see at least a few people are trying to get it right.