PDA

View Full Version : 97 3500 Chevy dump truck diesel 4x4 plow and salt spreader

Lawn 'N' Order Landscape
03-28-2010, 12:05 PM
1997 Chevy 3500 Service body dump truck. 6.5L Turbo Diesel, 4x4, 8' plow, new salt spreader, new tires. Truck has 119,000 miles. Transmission was replaced fall of 2008 and only has about 6,000 miles on it since replaced. All six tires were replaced then as well and also only has about 6,000 miles on them. The seat and the floor mat was replaced in the winter of 2007. The salt spreader was put on last winter and only has spread salt about 6 times total. That alone cost about $1,500. The plow and dump bed are set up on central hydraulics which works great. The hoses leading from the tank to the plow were replaced in spring of 2009. Newer brakes on the front and back.
This is a really nice set up for someone looking to be able to hall their tools and also be able to hall a load of dirt, gravel, ect. I have the tailgate and wood sides for the dump body. The truck does have some rust since it is a 97 and was originally used as a municipality truck (lack of washing) but still runs great! The only reason I am selling it is that I just don't use it enough. As you can tell from the mileage put on it after the trans and tires, we only put on 6,000 miles in a year and a half. This truck only went out about 3 times this year to plow and was mainly used as a back-up. Truck has a lot of power and it will plow and push snow and tow really well. It has been a good truck I just can't justify keeping it anymore when it barley gets used. Current Safety Sticker and is ready to work!

If you have any questions please call Chris @ 815-405-2328 Asking $6,900 obo

Lawn 'N' Order Landscape
03-28-2010, 12:13 PM
Here are a few more pictures.......

May be interested in a trade of a bigger dump truck. Kodiak or something close

Thanks

Even Cut Lawn Care
03-28-2010, 09:28 PM
can you post some pics of the rusty areas?

R & R Yard Designs
03-28-2010, 09:41 PM
Ill tell you it has some rust on the doors of the bed, but it is a great truck. runs good and is the best set up that a small guy could have. I know Chris very well and he keeps him stuff to the up an up.

JeffW0011
03-29-2010, 02:19 AM
What are the dimensions of the bed?

Here is a dumb question but would you be able to use some ramps or something to transport equipment (mowers in the dump bed? )

Does it have a towing package on it?

How much mulch and dirt will it haul in cubic yards or weight?

Thanks

Lawn 'N' Order Landscape
03-29-2010, 09:52 PM
The size of the dump bed is 4.6' wide on the bottom, 6.9' wide on the top, and 8' long.

The only damage to the truck is on the drivers side rear. Plowing damage. Still very functional. See damage in last pic. Not that noticeable unless close.

Like I mentioned before, the only reason I am selling it is that I just don't use it enough. Open to all offers

Chris

Lawn 'N' Order Landscape
03-29-2010, 09:53 PM
I am sure you can put a mower in the bed, but would have to be some pretty long ramps.