PDA

View Full Version : which blower?

rb0407
03-29-2010, 08:31 AM
Hey Guys--

I've done lots of leaf jobs over the past couple of winters. The yards are up to an acre of heavy accumulation and sometimes soggy with all the rain we've been having.

Have been using a couple of Stihl BR600 backpack blowers to do this. The Stihls are great for what they do, but aren't really meant for pushing around the volume of leaves I dealt with last winter, and I've pretty much decided that I need a bigger blower if I'm doing to continue to do leaves in the winter.

My instinct tells me to just buy the biggest blower I can get my hands on, something on the order of a Billy Goat F1802V; a couple of my competitors I talked with use 13 HP blowers and they say that's all they've ever needed. I'm no spring chicken (60) and I hardly ever hire help. I'm kind of thinking that the extra power won't be wasted.

What do you guys think? Would appreciate any constructive advice/criticism.

ALC-GregH
03-29-2010, 08:37 AM
Go for it. A walk behind blower will definitely move more leaves.

MOHUSTLER
03-29-2010, 09:08 AM
The biggest backback on the market wont blow 1/3 of what a walk behind will. So ya go with a walk.

Buffalo Turbine
04-06-2010, 04:17 PM
Buffalo Turbine Has introduced a smaller Version of its most successful Cyclone KB3 Debris Blower which is the most used worldwide for Golf.

Please see video. It can be skid mounted if theirs no room for the trailer.

Also light enlough to be mounted to Top of mower deck on many larger zero turns.

very inexpensive compared to time savings
and also help you win some of those bigger fall and spring cleanup and property maintenance jobs.

Discount for Lawnsite members

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7rJ8u74nFo

mowerbrad
04-06-2010, 04:45 PM
If you get a Billy Goat, look into the self propel option. I think between a large billy goat and a BR600, you should have no problems doing leaf clean ups.