PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Else Feel Like Rodney Dangerfield?

EDEN77
03-29-2010, 10:35 AM
Every year I call my customers in early March to see who will retain my services in the new season. Some don't answer the phone. Some don't return calls after I leave a message. Sometimes I have to pursue for days and even weeks before getting a reply. There are customers who give me the ax after I've worked for them for years without getting complaints from them about my work or my price. I know exactly what most rich people think of us in this business. I can't use that language here. Still, don't we earn enough RESPECT that we deserve at least a return phone call saying, "You and your work suck, and we already got someone else" ? Maybe I AM Rodney Dangerfield.:hammerhead:

Big C
03-29-2010, 11:18 AM
I have customers like that also....my approach is call twice and the move on and fill their slot in my route....I figure 2 complamentery calls is enough...if they don't take the time to call back then I am moving on....some people "get off" on you calling numerous times...it makes them think you are desperate for their business and can use that to talk the price down on services.

Richard Martin
03-29-2010, 01:07 PM
I've had that happen a couple of times over the years but not often. Those types of people tend not to last more than a year or two. They're also the kind that tend to pay late too.