PDA

View Full Version : Newest mod - Pingel

dwost
03-29-2010, 11:32 PM
My latest mod, completely over the top and not necessary but figured what the hell. I stuck a serviceable Pingel high flow fuel filter on my Kawi this weekend. We'll see how it works out. I'm sure 99% of the people on here will think it's nuts to drop $40 on a fuel filter but what the hell, it's only money right?? :)

topsites
03-30-2010, 12:04 AM
Hell man :p

Don't feel bad, I spent just over $200 on a set of racing wires.
Taylor Vertex 10.4mm "409" Spyro Pro racing spark plug wires.

I actually bought an entire ROLL of this stuff, 100 feet of it (this cost the most).
It's all DIY, I then bought the clips and the boots and all that separate.
Which really SUX because Taylor doesn't make those for 10.4 but only 8.2mm's
and nobody else makes them either...

Plus a wire stripper (that I had) and a special crimping tool ($20 I think).

Put it all together in an afternoon, now I got nice big fat red spark plug wires, for my truck.

Oh yeh that lil blue coil is a Mallory so I don't think I need to mention that it's high performance :D
And you can't see it, but the cap and rotor are made by Accel, this time I really won't say it, the
combination delivers one SPARK to teh cylinders make it flare up a FIRE up underneath that there hood lol

Make it go Vahhhh-Roooooom!

Yes sir, yes sir, how I know all about this, I know exactly where you're coming from. :D

dwost
03-30-2010, 12:09 AM
LOL.........glad we are on the same page. I'm known as the "king of overkill" :D

ProSeasons
03-30-2010, 03:01 AM
Somebody say 'Overkill'? Sign me up as well. Both the fuel filter and the plug wires look good to me.

Do you have any left over for the mower?

topsites
03-30-2010, 03:17 AM
Somebody say 'Overkill'? Sign me up as well. Both the fuel filter and the plug wires look good to me.

Do you have any left over for the mower?

The sick of it is, and I've been complaining about it for some years...
ALL of the coils on our equipment is all one piece, we can't replace the wire
because unlike an automotive coil it's not clipped on but built in...
So we're stuck with whatever (probably 6-7mm) wire the mfg puts in it.

But my biggest complaint is if the wire *%&^'s up, I have to buy a whole new coil.

That would be nice if they made coils and wires separate, even if the two cost slightly more initially,
so long the individual pieces were cheaper than the one-in-all... Wouldn't it be nice to get a coil for
like $5 or $10 cheaper than now and just re-use the wire or get another one of your liking?

And I realize a hp wire on a mower it's like yeah, whatever.
But even a slightly better spark would more than likely increase power, and improve fuel consumption as well.

ProSeasons
03-30-2010, 10:43 PM
And I realize a hp wire on a mower it's like yeah, whatever.
But even a slightly better spark would more than likely increase power, and improve fuel consumption as well.

And a fun project to do when the boredom sets in. Every little bit helps, IMHO.

unkownfl
03-30-2010, 10:46 PM
100+ in wires but stock exhaust manifolds on that 350/305 LOL.