PDA

View Full Version : I wish I had taken pictures...

Chris "Greenville"
03-29-2010, 11:37 PM
Not the first time to get my mower stuck in the mud but was a first of extreme proportions today.....On my first yard of the season....

Just about finished cutting this guys back yard..decided to double cut in the opposite direction. I was on the back of the proprerty made a turn up the hill and buried the wheels. What to do? Jumped in the truck back it down in the yard. Just started to pull forward and the truck sank to the axles. I went to the neighbors house and a guy in his early 90's maybe said " let me get the tractor and I'll have you out in a jiffy" We get the truck hooked with a chain and straps and he gives it a little gas...tractor tires dig in and stands the tractor up at a 45 degree angle. Then the tractor sinks. To the axle. Called a for a tow truck. He shows up shakes his head and smiles while winching out the tractor, My truck and mower. Turns out there is an underground spring and I found it. The home owner didn't even know about it. $100 cut- $30 gas- $50 tow bill. For 6 hours on the property I made a total of $10 and that will be used at the car wash. Yes it is a full moon today.. hope this isn't an omen for the rest of the season.. Have fun, Chris

Premier landscaping south
03-29-2010, 11:42 PM
Wow, I feel for you my friend. What kind of tractor did the old man have? what about repairs to clients property? I hope all is well between you and home owner.

Chris "Greenville"
03-29-2010, 11:47 PM
Small MF tractor... nice old guy gave it it's all.. The home owner was really cool about it. He felt really bad that he didn't know about the spring either. He said he was planning on planting some trees and now the holes are already dug! Surpisingly we all had a laugh about it.. not much else you could do.

topsites
03-29-2010, 11:53 PM
I would add my commentary but it's been raining lots here lately
and the karmaic end of things has me a bit leery.

Chris "Greenville"
03-30-2010, 12:57 AM
topsites, I understand your hesitation to comment.. I had to share my bad luck with the group. A positive laugh may wipe out the bad karmaic energy..at least I hope!

ALC-GregH
03-30-2010, 08:50 AM
I know the feeling. I got my Tiger Cub stuck at one of the farms I maintain. Had the striping roller on and when I went through a gated area by the pond, it sunk and left the back tires buried. Had to pull it out with the truck. Not nears as bad as you experienced. At least the homeowner wasn't upset. Is this a new customer?

Hometown
03-30-2010, 09:00 AM
It surely is wet out there even without a underground spring to deal with. What kind of ruts were left from stuck mower,truck,tractor anything stuck up to the axle had to leave a decent size rut that I don't think you just level out with a lawn roller. Must have made a mess of the yard. That had to take some time to repair. Bad luck.

1993lx172
03-30-2010, 07:42 PM
If it's as bad as you describe the aftermath will still be there, grab some pics of that.

Reminds me of another thread a while back
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=273593

Middle of the first page

Chris "Greenville"
03-30-2010, 10:08 PM
The aftermath is defenitly still there. This was a one time clean-up job about 30 miles from my house. I it found posted on Craigslist and thought I could run and do it and have some extra start-up money for the year. Didn't expect all of the trouble. The Homeowner wasn't all concerned with it with it being in the lower corner and what he called "the field". Ruts and holes...big holes. They all filled with water after we were pulled out. Not a day I want to repeat. I start my regular yards tomorrow after I wash the truck and mower.

South Florida Lawns
03-30-2010, 11:11 PM
At least you got a good laugh out of it at the end. I know the stress losing time, causing damage and looking like an idiot for a random string of bad luck. No fun.