PDA

View Full Version : More edging and trimming than usual estimate

smcdowell47
03-30-2010, 01:07 AM
I'm another one of the new guys on here. I wasn't planning on doing any commercial properties starting off just residential. However, the church I attend has open bids for their church and school so I decided why not throw a bid in. I just wanted to get some opinions from the vets of the business. How do you charge for properties that require quite a bit extra trimming and edging? Do you just figure an hourly rate? The property isn't large by any means. There is only 1 section that I would be able to use the walk behind. The rest would have to be done with a 21'' because of all the small sections of grass and stuff to mow around. Then obviously I would have to trim around everything. There is an abundance of sidewalks, curbs, bushes, and trees trim and mow around. Not to mention some chain link fence.
I didn't know if I should charge more than usual due to the extra work and complications of the job. As of now I was figuring my hourly rate at $40/hour.
Any advice would be much appreciated!!
Posted via Mobile Device

bigw
03-30-2010, 01:45 AM
first of all churches usually are going to go cheap if not for free so don't bid it too high, using 40$ per hr and figuring your hrs I would think might be in the ball park if its a small church. I would really have to see it though to give you my personal bid,"SMALL CHURCHES USUALLY HAVE A SMALL BUDGET"!