PDA

View Full Version : Moving On......

JoeyD
03-30-2010, 12:33 PM
Well folks I am moving on from Unique Lighting this week. Friday will be my last day with the company so I felt it was fitting to come here and say thank you to all of you and I wish you all luck in your current and future endevors.

I will be moving into a new career, into an industry I have a strong passion for. I am very excited about my future. I will miss most of you, some of you I won't miss too much...lol...I do want to say thank you to those who I have become friends with, and for those who appreciated the work that Unique and myself put in here.

Unique plans to continue to be a sponsor here so dont worry about that. I think Rusty will be taking over here to keep you guys all up to speed on the Unique related stuff.

Again, thanks and good luck to all of you!

Joey D.

Classic Lighting
03-30-2010, 01:44 PM
Wow, what a shock! You will be missed. It has been a pleasure reading your posts and learning about Unique. Good luck with your new career. Rusty has some big shoes to fill. Please check-in occasionally.

mnglocker
03-30-2010, 01:50 PM
Please check-in occasionally.

This and good luck at your new venture. :drinkup:

JoeyD
03-30-2010, 01:53 PM
Thanks guys! I will definitley check in from time to time!! I have given over 10 years to this industry so it wont easily be forgotten.

mnglocker
03-30-2010, 02:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9y4iXAso4I

TXNSLighting
03-30-2010, 02:42 PM
Wow Joey!! You will definitely be missed! Im in shock, but then again not really. I know youve been doing alot of stuff with your Underground company. Good luck to you in everything you do!

JoeyD
03-30-2010, 02:50 PM
Thanks Ryan!! Guys like you made my job easy. I look forward to keeping in touch with you and everyone else!!

here is my personal Facebook for wanyone wanting to keep in contact...

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1092182703&ref=ts#!/UTVUnderground?ref=profile

RLI Electric
03-30-2010, 06:14 PM
Joey, good luck with the future and thanks for the intro to Nate.

JoeyD
03-30-2010, 07:08 PM
You got it Bob!! best of luck in all you do!

The Lighting Geek
03-30-2010, 08:24 PM
Best of luck, Joey! You have contributed much here and will be missed. My hat is off to you Joey for moving on to do what blows your hair back. You did a great job here and I believe you very fair with regards to other manufacturers. If they put out a good product, you said so. You also helped people out when it didn't really have to do with Unique. Keep in touch!

Mark B
03-30-2010, 08:39 PM
Hope it all goes well for you. Looks like your new adventure will be exciting.

klkanders
03-30-2010, 09:31 PM
Joey, Say it aint so! Is this some kind of early April Fools joke? :)
If I promise not to call as often and bug you for this and that will u stay?
Seriously...I enjoyed meeting you and Nate in Scottsdale a few years back. You are a genuinely good guy whose presence here will be missed. I also wish you and your family the best of luck in your new ventures!
Take Care and keep in touch!

cgaengineer
03-30-2010, 09:48 PM
Thank you so much for your assistance with my questions and also your expertise. You will be missed in the lighting forum for sure.

Good luck with your new venture!

David Gretzmier
03-30-2010, 10:11 PM
Joey- Your fairness, sense of humor, and especially your lighting expertise willl be missed. I wish you well in all that you do in life !

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
03-30-2010, 10:47 PM
Best of luck in your new endeavor Joey! You will be missed here that much is for sure. Keep in touch.

JoeyD
03-30-2010, 11:28 PM
wow, thanks guys. I really appreciate all the kind words. It seems strange to think that I will be out of the lighting industry. I enjoyed contributing here, reading everyone's posts, and even enjoyed the drama and bickering!! LOL I always tried to be genuine and honest without being too self serving. Good luck to all of you. I look forward to following your career's and work here and in the social networking world. If any of you ever think I can help you out in anyway you can always email me at joeyd@utvunderground.com

Lite4
03-31-2010, 08:31 AM
Hey Joey, Good for you! There is nothing better than controlling your own destiny. A guy that can find his passion and do what he truly loves everyday is a blessed man. I have no idea what you are going to be doing, but I wish you the best of luck anyway! Thank you for all of your contributions and advice.

JoeyD
03-31-2010, 11:31 AM
thanks Tim!

irrig8r
03-31-2010, 05:48 PM
Good luck with your new venture Joey.

Though I've heard from time to time that the trouble with turning your hobby into your work is that you end up working all the time... or have to find a new hobby...

:)

wbaptist
03-31-2010, 07:15 PM
Joey "You're my boy, Blue!"

Good Luck, you are going to do very well in your new adventures.

Pro-Scapes
03-31-2010, 08:04 PM
Joey, Best of luck to you. Will your cell number be staying the same ? If not please be sure to text me with your new number. I got a hunkering to come out and ride with you this summer if and when I plan a trip to Mike G's

I will let you know when we set up our Vegas plans and you can bring your happy butt up for some Maggianos and Perino's on me!

steveparrott
04-01-2010, 08:43 AM
Joey, good fortune to you and your family. I've very much appreciated the respectful tone you set in this forum. You kept to the high ground; not an easy thing to do in our competitive climate. Thanks, and good luck!

JoeyD
04-01-2010, 12:20 PM
Thanks Steve! I tried hard however at times I fell short. Very hard to remain nuetral when your working for a team like Unique. Thank you for always being respectful towards me as well.

Billy! I will be keeping the same cell for now. I may switch to a new plan and number once I am settled into my new office but for now I will remain on this number. I got your text and will have my apparel manager contact you regarding the gear you want to order. As for coming out to ride you know your always welcome to come hang, party, and ride with me and my family!!! Just keep me posted when your heading out!

Again if anyone needs anything or has questions or just wishes to remain in contact you can always email me at joeyd@utvunderground.com

emby
04-01-2010, 02:58 PM
Good for you Joey!! Although I have not known you long from this forum I am very happy for you as it sounds as though you are moving in a passionate direction. I truly believe that if one is motivated by his/her passions you will always be successful.
Good luck and thanks for all of your help that you have provided to me in the past.

Ken Martin

BrandonV
04-01-2010, 07:55 PM
Best of luck Joey, you've represented Unique very well. So when are where do we place orders for our desert buggies.

Dreams To Designs
04-02-2010, 09:51 AM
Joey, best of fortunes to you and your ever growing family. Following your passion is the best gig there is, as long as it pays the bills.

Kirk

JoeyD
04-02-2010, 01:33 PM
Thanks Guys!! I am overwhelmed (sp?) with all the well wishes. I am going to really miss this industry although I am not sure I will ever stray too far away. I plan to keep my pulse on whats going on because you never know what the future may hold. As of monday I will be in my new office and I will be ramping up to take UTVUnderground.com and MagnumOffRoad.com to the next level! If any of you have H1's, 4x4's, or any off road toys make sure you hit me up!!

NightScenes
04-05-2010, 10:36 AM
Well. best of luck to you Joey. I know you are destined for bigger and better things. You have what it takes to go farther than you have been allowed.

If you're ever in my neck of the woods, be sure to look me up.

JoeyD
04-06-2010, 06:29 PM
Thanks Paul!!! I will definitley do that!!