PDA

View Full Version : Poly

rvsuper
06-24-2002, 03:49 PM
I was repairing a system that I didn't put in, and I saw that the poly pipe had a green stripe on it. It said it was for irrigation, company's name was Eagle pipe it said on there. I have used the stuff from my supplier, but it wasn't for irrigation only. Where can I find this green stripe poly pipe?

Planter
06-25-2002, 02:21 AM
While I don't recall a green stripe on the stuff I bought, the high density poly I have been getting from Ewing is Eagle brand.

DanaMac
06-25-2002, 09:30 AM
The green stripe is, i believe, higher quality with a longer warranty. But the only time I have had trouble w/ poly is due to freezing so I don't know what there is to warranty on the pipe.

I actually got to tour the Eagle factory in Nebraska years ago. Pretty cool how they make the PVC and poly.

I think my supplier, United Green Mark, carries it but not sure about what suppliers you have.

rvsuper
06-25-2002, 11:11 AM
Have you guys ever heard of REAMS in the Midwest? They have places all around the midwest here and I get my supplies from the one in Sioux City.

www.reamsweb.net

greasemonkey
06-26-2002, 11:18 PM
My guys are getting their poly from somewhere in canada...the truck got stopped at the border and they made them unload the whole thing...the driver said that the customs agents thought people might be hiding in the center of the stack....

MikeK
01-20-2003, 10:58 PM
Ealge makes two types of Pipe used mailny for Irrigation systems. The regular eagle 3408 and the green stripe 3408.
3408 means that is made from virgin material, and because of this the wall can be a bit thinner which makes it MUCH easier to work with.

Both pipes are made from the EXACT same material. The only difference is that the green stripe has a lifetime warranty, no questions asked. Yes, they will warranty it from freezing.. but probably only once.
IN the past 2 years, we have went through an entire semi load of this stuff and it is without a doubt, the best pipe on the market. Plus, it's nice to be able to offer the customer a lifetime warranty on the pipe in the system.