PDA

View Full Version : Scag V-Ride - any opinions?

BestImpressions99
03-30-2010, 03:01 PM
Hi all,

Have any of you actually gotten to put their hands on the new V-Ride or is it still in development?

What's your opinion on the machine? With the reputation Scag's deck has, it'll probably be awesome.

MOHUSTLER
03-30-2010, 04:10 PM
We have sold every one we have gotten in before we put them togather. So I have not had a ton of time to put some hours on them. But the guys who bought them from us love them. The cut is amazing and ride quality is great! I say the ones that we are able to get in here are sold just as fast as they come off the truck.

Mike Blevins
03-30-2010, 05:04 PM
Rode one at my dealers open house. I don't have any experience with standers but this machine was awsome. Very comfortable and had great controls. Even a first timer can jump on and in just a minute or so learn the controls. I peronally think these mowers will take off.

ALC-GregH
03-30-2010, 05:08 PM
My opinion is, I want one bad but can't afford it right now. :cry: I hate that kinda feeling. :dizzy:
Man what a beauty. :Dhttp://scag.com/images/thumbnails/v-ride/V-Ride_outdoor-700.jpg

djagusch
03-30-2010, 08:34 PM
When my dealer can get one, I'll have one. When that is, is hard to say. Scag I don't think realized how many they were going to sell. The distributor carries Wright and the Scag also in this area and the rep says the Scags are selling unbelievably.

turfsolutions
03-30-2010, 09:08 PM
I was just dissapointed in the length of the machine. Almost a foot longer than Wright, Toro Grandstand, and Exmarks stander. Trailer space is a key for me.

Mahoney3223
03-30-2010, 09:27 PM
Buy a bigger trailer! Problem solved!

jaybow
03-30-2010, 09:37 PM
My opinion is, I want one bad but can't afford it right now. :cry: I hate that kinda feeling. :dizzy:
Man what a beauty. :Dhttp://scag.com/images/thumbnails/v-ride/V-Ride_outdoor-700.jpg

The frame looks a bit small in my opinion. There may never be a problem with it but it looks to small for a commercial machine.

djagusch
03-30-2010, 09:57 PM
I was just dissapointed in the length of the machine. Almost a foot longer than Wright 58.5"s, Toro Grandstand 58"s, and Exmarks 59"s stander. Trailer space is a key for me.

Scag is 65.5"s. This is comparing 48" decks that are floating (Stander RH) and platforms up. So 7.5"s is the biggest difference, mainly because of Scags deck design (which is also one of the reason a person would choose the Scag).

Another words if you carried 3 mowers you would need an extra 2 ft in trailer space. Of course this is if you currently filling your trailer tight front and back.

Or you could always turn them side ways on the trailer and the deck size is smaller than any of the mower lengths if you are that worried about trailer space. Then it wouldn't make a world of difference between brands.

BestImpressions99
03-31-2010, 08:16 AM
I honestly have never seen anything but a Great Dane in person. But if pictures say a thousand words the larger rear tires on the Toro and the Wright seem like it would be more stable on the hills with larger guys on it (but maybe it's just a mind thing). I know Scag and Toro (at least Toro used to be) have the best cut around so Scag is going to make others have step up the deck quality.

Jaybow - isn't size minimalization what companies and LCO's looking for? More space utilization. I tell ya what, the Surfer definitely looks very small for a commercial machine.

djagusch
03-31-2010, 11:52 AM
I honestly have never seen anything but a Great Dane in person. But if pictures say a thousand words the larger rear tires on the Toro and the Wright seem like it would be more stable on the hills with larger guys on it (but maybe it's just a mind thing). I know Scag and Toro (at least Toro used to be) have the best cut around so Scag is going to make others have step up the deck quality.

Jaybow - isn't size minimalization what companies and LCO's looking for? More space utilization. I tell ya what, the Surfer definitely looks very small for a commercial machine.

It looks like Scag has the largest tires! I would get your facts straight.
Scag 20x10.5-8, 11x4-5

Wright 18x8 -10 and 11x4x5

Exmark 20 x 10.0-8 and 11 x 4.0-5

Two complaints tire size and length one found to be a incorrect and the other not an issue.

BGClawns101
03-31-2010, 11:56 AM
ok so i like this mower i have driven one before and the only thing i have heard bad about them is the fact that you cant walk behind the mower while the deck is on you have to be on the platform. The exmark and toro platform folds up so you can walk behind them but i would still like to have one of these

BestImpressions99
03-31-2010, 12:47 PM
DJ - thanks for the info... don't have to be jerkish givin it though. Let me guess, you're always right?!?!

MOHUSTLER
03-31-2010, 01:25 PM
Not trying to start a war here but tire size is pretty irrelevent. Its all in ballance of the machine and weight disturbtuion.

BestImpressions99
03-31-2010, 01:29 PM
By the way DJ... if I knew everything there was to know about the V-Ride... would I have started the thread in the first place? Please perceive where a person is coming from before you just call them ignorant for not knowing something because what you give comes back two fold on you.

And if you actually read what I said it may just be the picture and a mind thing.

PTP
03-31-2010, 01:29 PM
Not trying to start a war here but tire size is pretty irrelevent. Its all in ballance of the machine and weight disturbtuion.

I agree that machine balance and weight distribution is critical (I own a Stander and have demoed the Scag and Toro) but tire size is important too. The reason being that on particular grasses or in particular situations, rutting will occur if your tires do not have a small enough psi where they contact the ground.

BestImpressions99
03-31-2010, 01:31 PM
Thank you MO. I was only thinking about the rear tire foot print contributing to the balance.

djagusch
03-31-2010, 02:02 PM
By the way DJ... if I knew everything there was to know about the V-Ride... would I have started the thread in the first place? Please perceive where a person is coming from before you just call them ignorant for not knowing something because what you give comes back two fold on you.

And if you actually read what I said it may just be the picture and a mind thing.

The wheels looked small compared to what I normally run (ZTR's) instead of saying they are small I compared them to the other mfg's stand on's and found them to be like the others.

I just dislike when people say false information, when it is easy to find out if it is a fact or not. Saying what you said about tire size would mislead many people on LS.

BestImpressions99
03-31-2010, 02:27 PM
I've posted not even nearly a fraction of responses as you have so I understand where you're coming from with things misleading people.

I don't like to be thought of as ignorant, which is why I responded the way I did. Didn't mean to blow up.

truckn
04-03-2010, 11:50 PM
It looks like Scag has the largest tires! I would get your facts straight.
Scag 20x10.5-8, 11x4-5

Wright 18x8 -10 and 11x4x5

Exmark 20 x 10.0-8 and 11 x 4.0-5

Two complaints tire size and length one found to be a incorrect and the other not an issue.

Wright's rigid deck Stander has 20x10-8 drive tires.

djagusch
04-04-2010, 09:26 PM
Wright's rigid deck Stander has 20x10-8 drive tires.

That is correct but we are not comparing rigid decks are we. All machines are I'm comparing have quick adjust decks. Apples to Apples.

boomtruck26
04-06-2010, 08:21 PM
I got a chance to take one out and demo it. The ride was great! Easy to use and very comfortable. Only problem is the cushion where your legs rest against is to low. They said you can turn it around and it would sit higher but other than that is was perfect. More than enough power to get the job done.And reverse was really fast.. Great machine for the $.

MOHUSTLER
04-07-2010, 08:58 AM
I got a chance to take one out and demo it. The ride was great! Easy to use and very comfortable. Only problem is the cushion where your legs rest against is to low. They said you can turn it around and it would sit higher but other than that is was perfect. More than enough power to get the job done.And reverse was really fast.. Great machine for the $.

We have also found that the guys want the pad turned up. We have started putting all the pads in the up position when we assemble them. I find it more comfortable as well.

We had our customer apprication day last week and it seemed like everyone was bypassing the wrights and going right to the scag V ride. Had great feedback from it, I just wish we could get some in stock. Every one we get in is allready sold.