PDA

View Full Version : Mulch Pricing

STIHL GUY
03-30-2010, 06:27 PM
I have been trying to figure out how to price mulch jobs but i wanted to see what others do. The mulch is provided by a friend of mine and he delivers to the customer so they pay him for mulch and delivery. All i do is spread the mulch. For this would you use an hourly rate or a price per yard? What would be a good price per yard of mulch to spread it only, figuring the pile is dumped pretty close to where it needs to be spread

SperaLandscaping
03-30-2010, 07:30 PM
Charge per Hour. You will be better off. It is fair for you and the customer. If you charge per hour you will never cut yourself short. Good luck.

ajslands
03-30-2010, 07:51 PM
No charge per yard, about 80$ depending on job
Posted via Mobile Device

JBlawn
03-30-2010, 08:00 PM
charge per yard im usually around 90-110 per yard but thats me supplying the multch..

LR3
03-31-2010, 12:46 AM
That's tough. Depending on how many yards of mulch determines the cost. If a yard costs, let's say, $30. I would charge $90 to prep the bed, supply the mulch and apply it. If it's an order of 30 or more yards, I bring it down to around $65 a yard, bed prepped and applied. But your only getting the application part of it so it's tough to call. Alone, and depending on what kind of shape your in, you should be able to apply around 6 yards of mulch not including bed prep. So, I would charge your normal hourly rate with a two hour minimum. I'm gathering that your being subbed out? By a homeowner or another LCO? Take pics.

motorscot
03-31-2010, 02:29 AM
At a minimum: determine the total cost of the mulch, then charge that amount to install it.
If you already know how much you can install in an hour and can charge hourly, then do it that way if you can still make good money.

Mow'n'Blow21
03-31-2010, 08:19 AM
$25 per cubic yard of mulch installed.

JaPaul
04-25-2010, 11:10 AM
I charge $40 for every 100 sq' I'm mulching. That takes care of the cost of the mulch and the prep work. I may even add extra cost for hauling expence.

STIHL GUY
04-25-2010, 08:12 PM
now that i got a new truck i have been picking up the mulch myself and i charge per yard. that price includes preen . mulch, delivery, and spreading it