PDA

View Full Version : Weeds in Centipede

clallen03
03-30-2010, 06:37 PM
Im having some issues with weeds in a centipede lawn. I normally use Lesco Eliminate-D on my centipede lawns. Just want to be sure this will not have a negative effect the lawns right now. Im spot spraying at about 1 oz to the gallon. What are you'll thoughts?

Thanks

RAlmaroad
03-30-2010, 07:38 PM
I once killed off a ditchline spraying when centipede was dormant with Image. Helped out the county. Wait till full greenup. Centipede will not tolerate anything with 2-4D. What weeds are you targeting? If there're left over winter weeds; simazine would work now. Centipede is so sensitive. Check out some of these: Image, Dismiss, Basagran, Vantage (Sethoxydim) Metsulfuron, Certainty, and the new kid Celsius. Some folks claim that Speedzone Southern is OK because of the very low Dicambia ratio, but I've never needed that much. Maybe some other guys have some imput.

Aaronnc
04-08-2010, 12:42 PM
Not so sure about Georgia, but I live by this here in eastern NC with good results when dealing with centipede: http://carteret.ces.ncsu.edu/files/library/16/2-Centipede%20and%20Herbicides.pdf

grassrat
04-09-2010, 05:28 AM
Aaron great find from ncsu /coop ext. use that site alot !

Aaronnc
04-09-2010, 11:52 AM
Thanks Grassrat! I love their site too and use it on a weekly basis. Thought I'd pass it on. Here east of Raleigh, 95% of lawns are Centipede or St. Aug, so we try to know all we can about it.

grassrat
04-09-2010, 01:34 PM
Thanks Grassrat! I love their site too and use it on a weekly basis. Thought I'd pass it on. Here east of Raleigh, 95% of lawns are Centipede or St. Aug, so we try to know all we can about it.

I cover from hilsborough to goldsboro to fayetteville so we have a variety of grasses to manage from clay to sand!
Posted via Mobile Device