PDA

View Full Version : lesco calibration

Green Growers
03-30-2010, 11:35 PM
I have a new lesco spreader and was wondering how far to move the right tab in because it seemed to throw a little heavy on that side. I am applying lesco stone wall barricade 19 0 7. What patten do you guys like to use. A back and forth or a counter clockwise. I searched through the threads but did not find a definate answer. Before you ask, I am certified and have a license. Thanks for the info.

clallen03
03-31-2010, 12:03 AM
I only go back and forth making sure my swath gets back to my foot steps. That normally gives me an even spread. My spreader throws out hard to the right too but it shouldn't cause you any issues as long as you spread back to your footprints.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
03-31-2010, 12:23 AM
I also do one perimeter pass, then back and forth, throwing back to the middle of my last pass for adequate coverage.

I calibrate by ferting my own lawn, which I know pretty accurate sq ft. I know my spreader pretty good and know when to 'bump it up' or 'knock it back' a little bit based on how I came out on my own lawn.

jvanvliet
03-31-2010, 08:21 AM
I have a new lesco spreader and was wondering how far to move the right tab in because it seemed to throw a little heavy on that side. I am applying lesco stone wall barricade 19 0 7. What patten do you guys like to use. A back and forth or a counter clockwise. I searched through the threads but did not find a definate answer. Before you ask, I am certified and have a license. Thanks for the info.

I am thinking of putting the stonewall down on my lawn & my mothers lawn myself... total of about 3 acres ($17.50 50lbs) what is your experience with it as an effective pre-emergent. I looked at pendulum granular but @ 1.09 a lbs. I choked.