PDA

View Full Version : retention pond maintenance

grassmasterswilson
03-31-2010, 12:19 PM
Not sure if this is a national, state, or local ordinance, but here where I am they are fixing to require that retention ponds be inspected on an annual basis. This means that they will be cracking down and keeping them mowed and digging out the silt that has washed in. Our storm water people often require these ponds at commercial and new subdivision sites to compensate for the run off of roads and parking lots.

Anyone have experience with this? My brother works for a grading/site company and we have discussed "partnering" up on the work. I have the mowing equipment and he has the dozer and dump trucks. How do you figure your bids?

1993lx172
03-31-2010, 02:32 PM
There's a guy down in the heavy equipment section, Dirtman2007 I believe his LS handle is, that does a lot of this sort of work try talking to him.

jimshack
03-31-2010, 03:03 PM
sounds like they are doing what they did here several years ago. We have to have erosion control cert. to plant a f##in flower! we "mow" retention ponds with string trimmers because they make the banks too steep to ride on.