PDA

View Full Version : Just went solo

Wecutgrass
03-31-2010, 11:39 AM
So yesterday me and my partner decided to split up our lawn business. We had a total of 20 lawns so we each got ten. The reason why we split was because he did not want to get any bigger, and I did. So i was wondering if yall had any tips to tell me on how to get more lawns. I used flyers last summer and they worked alright. I was wondering if there was an inexpensive way of advertising.

stephen424
03-31-2010, 11:57 AM
just show up at ppls house, unannouced and cut their lawn. if they're home, you may get shot. if you don't get shot, just say you are going around giving example cuts and was hoping to earn their business one day. if they're not home, leave an invoice and a letter explaining what you did.."cut lawn, hope you like my work,if you do a tip would be appreciated and hopefully we can work together in the future...if not, thanks for not killing me"

Wecutgrass
03-31-2010, 12:02 PM
Haha idk about that idea
Posted via Mobile Device

rjh4758
03-31-2010, 12:52 PM
First question is how did you get the first 20 cutomers? Repeat that if possible.

What has worked for me in the past is a very good referral program. Offer the original customer 1 or 2 free cuttings for every referral and 1 or 2 free cuttings to the new customer for signing up. Or offer cash($50 or $100) will get their attention. It is cheaper advertising than any of the other forms out there. Also makes a happier and often more loyal customer because they feel they got something for next to nothing.

I just moved from Pa to Ok so I have to start from scratch and trying to get a customer base. So newspaper ads, Craiglist, and door hangers galore.
Posted via Mobile Device

Wecutgrass
03-31-2010, 12:57 PM
Ya I'm going to do that referral program that's a great idea
Posted via Mobile Device