PDA

View Full Version : problems???

mysteryman
03-31-2010, 02:03 PM
Toro-

Visit this thread in the COMMERCIAL section

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=310274

I am aware of some of the 2008/2009 GrandSTand issues, some of which I know have been addressed by Toro (ie the gas struts vs springs for deck assist) my question is: are these issues talked-about resolved for the 2010 model year? Is this anything I have to worry about with my 2010 48" GrandSTand? In particular frame cracks, parking brake problems, etc. Thank you for addressing my question.

The Toro Company
04-06-2010, 02:54 PM
Mysteryman -

Thank you for your question, and for providing a link to the thread you referenced. Although the majority of our customers have reported outstanding experiences with their GrandStand mowers, some of our customers unfortunately did not experience trouble-free operation during 2009. The Toro product team has worked hard to provide remedies for these select model year 2009 units, and to implement a number of enhancements to the 2010 models, ranging from product design changes to mistake-proofing efforts within the manufacturing process.

We fully expect the 2010 GrandStand models to consistently exhibit a high level of quality, so you shouldn't have to worry about any of the issues you referenced. If your machine does not meet your expectations in any way, please let us know immediately. Thank you for your purchase, and best wishes for a productive and profitable season.

-The Toro Company

mysteryman
04-08-2010, 10:37 PM
Thank you for the response, I figured that these issues would have been addressed and I know that my dealer will be there for me should I experience anything that needs attention. It's nice that Toro is retrofitting the older designs bringing them up to the current standard as much as possible, I hope that if the 2010s are discovered to need any 'upgrades' that they will be offered. I look forward to experiencing all of the greatness that I have read about in the positive GrandStand posts.