PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong?

wattsup
06-24-2002, 09:01 PM
I started a sprinkler system for a customer and one of the stations stays on constantly. However, not all of the heads are working and the ones that do work do not pump enough water to work properly. The rest of the stations work properly. There are six stations. I tried to lift the heads that do not work manually, but there is just not enough pressure for them to pop up. Any advise will be appreciated.

JasperStorm
06-24-2002, 09:28 PM
Maybe if this is a new install or major repair work was done recently, the lateral can be clogged with rocks, sand, etc.

A tiny bit of sand in the solenoid or a rock in the valve bonnet can keep the zone stuck on.

If there is sediment in the line, it will often collect in swing joint fittings causing a reduction or complete blockage of water to each sprinkler. Usually, the last sprinkler(s) in the zone are most affected, as sediment collects most heavily at the end of the line, but this is not necessarily always the case.

Pull the guts out of some sprinkler bodies and check for unusual amounts of sand. If you find contamination, you may need to completely flush the lateral.

SprinklerGuy
06-25-2002, 07:30 AM
How many gallons are you running on the zone in question? Is it significantly more than the other zones? Maybe it is a design issue? More info please.

Sprinkler Solutions....and more (http://www.sprinklersolutions.net)

JasperStorm
06-25-2002, 07:43 AM
I once had a property with a 1" lateral, running significantly uphill, trying to power 30 Rainbird 1804's. You couldn't even tell that the last 6 or so heads were even on the same zone, as they didn't even recieve a drop of water. That might qualify as a design issue.

HBFOXJr
06-25-2002, 05:56 PM
Get the valve working properly first. Compare GPM of this zone with others. If it is greater that may be another problem.

More info please.

MikeK
01-20-2003, 10:01 PM
You have a zone valve that is partially stuck open.
Pull the valve out and give it a good flushing

devildog
01-21-2003, 03:43 AM
Is the flow control knob cranked down on this valve? with regards... devildog

turfman59
01-21-2003, 04:46 PM
Are we playing Sprinkler Jeopardy? that post is over 6 months old. :D