PDA

View Full Version : Top Hat trailer any opinions

TurnGreen1
03-31-2010, 03:15 PM
I am not too familiar with the Top Hat brand. I have not ssen a lot of feed back on them. I saw an 07 for sale that seemed to be a fair price. 6.5 x16 4ft mesh sides,dual axle w/brakes,cage,trimmer racks...1705 otd....what do you think? Are they worth the money?

grasshog08
03-31-2010, 03:33 PM
doesnt seem bad. my local trailer guy has top hat and a 6 x 16 with 1 ft solid sides no racks and brakes is 1999.00 but new model

timber132007
03-31-2010, 09:28 PM
I've had a Top Hat trailer for about three years with no problems. Its seven foot by sixteen foot. Put a gorilla lift on to help with the steel gate. I just installed bearing buddies on my hubs. Definitely try to keep the wheel bearings greased. Overall its been a good trailer for the money so far. I paid a little over two thousand for it.

Shockley
04-06-2010, 12:20 PM
I have a 6x16 Top Hat tube top trailer. The only complaint I have pertains to the tailgate. After fulltime use and abuse, I need to replace the expanded metal on the rear gate. This time I am going to build spring assists to keep this from happening in the future. Other than that, I am very pleased with it. Last year I replaced the flooring because of rot, but that is because they ddin't put treated lumber on it. The next upgrade is LED lighting! Buy it, you'll be pleased!