PDA

View Full Version : Just picked up my new mower!

f50lvr2
03-31-2010, 04:30 PM
Hi all, thought some of you might be interested in this.

I just picked up a new Exmark Vantage stander 52" deck 24hp kawasaki. I haven't used it yet, but here are a few pics I took with my phone. I'll try to get a review up in a week or two once I've got a few hours on it. Based on the enthusiasm for the Toro Grandstand I expect good things.

WholeSaleSteve
03-31-2010, 05:24 PM
My dealership sells Toro and we have had great success with the Grandstand which as you know is very similar to your new mower. I will be shocked if you don't love this mower!!! Its really a great product. Goodluck with you mower!!! P.S. The new 24 hp Kawi engine.....W * O * W Its become my new personal favorite engine. The fuel burn is is great for the amount of power you will get! Also, the new Kawi carb design handles the 10% ethanol in the fuel very well. I am sure you will enoy your mower. Congrats and good luck!

f50lvr2
03-31-2010, 05:36 PM
Thanks man, I'm really hoping it saves me some time over using wb's. I chose the exmark over the Toro because our local Toro dealer is a total prick and they were charging about $1k more for the same machine.

cameronderzack
03-31-2010, 07:25 PM
is there something wrong with the joystick handles (don't know what else to call them) to steer the unit? One looks bent

robertsturf
03-31-2010, 08:01 PM
is there something wrong with the joystick handles (don't know what else to call them) to steer the unit? One looks bent

That is an operator presence safety device. You have to pull it down to engauge the blades. I hope the belt covers stay on better than the GS. Nice mower!

WholeSaleSteve
03-31-2010, 11:16 PM
Correct Call Robert...operator presence device. If the Exmark is wired like the Toro you can leave the blades enagaed, step off the machine and just let up on the handle while leaving the yellow blade button engaged.....the handle becomes the "on off" while you are mowing. Not sure that makes sense.....hard to explain...but its really a nifty feature that saves time.

Bob_n_weave
04-01-2010, 12:08 AM
Correct Call Robert...operator presence device. If the Exmark is wired like the Toro you can leave the blades enagaed, step off the machine and just let up on the handle while leaving the yellow blade button engaged.....the handle becomes the "on off" while you are mowing. Not sure that makes sense.....hard to explain...but its really a nifty feature that saves time.

Yes that makes since but.. is not how the Grandstand is wired. If you let go of presence control handle yes the blades stop, but they will not start again by just pushing the presence control handle down. You have to push down the yellow blade button and then pull it back out to engage blades.

Bob_n_weave
04-01-2010, 12:15 AM
That is an operator presence safety device. You have to pull it down to engauge the blades. I hope the belt covers stay on better than the GS. Nice mower!

If your belt covers are popping off then something is wrong, I have to push hard to get mine off. ( no sick jokes :laugh: )

clean_cut
04-01-2010, 12:17 AM
So it's a stand on, but you can also walk behind right?

It looks like the leg pad would get dirty from the standing platform if it is put up often. The debris from your feet might get stuck on the platform, and then the pad.

Anyway, it looks Nice! Tell us how you like it!

bigw
04-01-2010, 12:19 AM
Absolutely love my 52'' Toro grandstand which is basically the same thing only a little harder to raise the deck because yours has the assist springs...you'll love it good luck!!

Grass Shark
04-01-2010, 12:28 AM
Sweeet Mower Dude!

lawnsaspire
05-30-2010, 01:57 AM
So It's been two months, what do you think of it?

Josh32RVP
05-30-2010, 04:49 AM
I have the exact same mower and glad I put the extra money it took to get it over the TT with velki. Once you get the hang of the controls, you will be able to fly through the yards and with that cutting deck, one pass is all it takes. Plus, you don't have to break a sweat while mowing, I have several 1 acre yards that would kick your butt if you had to walk them but this machine is freakin awesome!!! The power it has is unbelievable, I got a job to mow this vacant lot and I rented a brush mower for the job and it lasted a whole 1 pass. I took my Vantage off the trailer, left the deck in the highest position, and cut that field in no time. Took 2.5-3ft tall grass down with no problems!!! I wouldn't recommend doing that all the time because it definitely dulls the blades but when need be it does the job. I'm 100% satisfied with the mower and hope you have the same amount of luck with yours!! Let us know how you like it!!!