PDA

View Full Version : roadside inspection

jdmcat
03-31-2010, 09:52 PM
I got stopped today by the ag inspector while out fertilizing today. It was my first roadside inspection ever, a little nerve racking, but I passed with flying colors, WOOHOO!!

LawnoftheMonth
03-31-2010, 11:15 PM
what all did the inspector look for/ask about? Great job having your sh** together.

jdmcat
03-31-2010, 11:57 PM
Just the basics, checked for leaks, asked for labels and msds, my license, application records, etc. Also wanted to know what pressure I was running at and what volume my nozzle put out. Oh and he was sneaky, driving an unmarked rig. He watched me spray almost the whole place before approaching me.

corey4671
04-01-2010, 12:13 AM
I'm glad to know these bastards ain't got anything better to do. Freakin government swine! guys out here trying to make a living and all they have time to do is harass people

jdmcat
04-01-2010, 12:24 AM
I'm glad to know these bastards ain't got anything better to do. Freakin government swine! guys out here trying to make a living and all they have time to do is harass people

tell us how you really feel...

I don't have a problem with them at all, I hope they stop every unlicensed jokers out there driving my prices down. I took all of about 15 minutes and it makes me feel good to know that I'm up to par.

indyturf
04-01-2010, 12:42 AM
I agree, they are doing their job!! glad they are out there looking for guys operating without a license or insurance. now the cops setting with binoculars looking for people not wearing their seat belt is another story!

LawnoftheMonth
04-01-2010, 02:10 AM
tell us how you really feel...

I don't have a problem with them at all, I hope they stop every unlicensed jokers out there driving my prices down. I took all of about 15 minutes and it makes me feel good to know that I'm up to par.

I agree 100%. I see mowers here with scott's spreaders in their trailers, empty Bonus S bags all over the trailer and it's in the middle of the Summer, over 105 degrees :dizzy:

americanlawn
04-01-2010, 10:45 PM
I COMPLETELY agree with you. I'm glad our State does not have "spray nazi's" like this CLOWN. Asking about nozzles/pressure......WTF, cuz that's nothing the STATE needs to know. Sounds to me he wanted free advice regarding his personal lawn.

If it were me, I'd report this guy to State authorities. Problem there is, he would probably lose his job. But then he would get unemployment benefits that YOU would end up paying for. :hammerhead::hammerhead: My 2 cents

jdmcat
04-02-2010, 09:32 PM
I COMPLETELY agree with you. I'm glad our State does not have "spray nazi's" like this CLOWN. Asking about nozzles/pressure......WTF, cuz that's nothing the STATE needs to know. Sounds to me he wanted free advice regarding his personal lawn.

If it were me, I'd report this guy to State authorities. Problem there is, he would probably lose his job. But then he would get unemployment benefits that YOU would end up paying for. :hammerhead::hammerhead: My 2 cents

Are you serious?? I don't know why he wanted to know about the pressure and volume, but I imagine its because we have regulations on droplet size for some sprays. I highly doubt he wanted advice considering he's been an inspector for at least 20 years. This must be an April fools joke huh?

jasontimm
04-02-2010, 09:51 PM
Sounds like he was just checking to make sure you know what you are doing, thats good, we all complain about unlicensed people out there...if more areas did enforcement then there would be less fly-by-nighters, and we would have more buisness, and make more money because are prices wouldnt be driven down by non-licensed wana-bes. Gererally people who have problems with inspectons are the ones who have something to hide.