PDA

View Full Version : White vynil fences and grass

greenchoppers
03-31-2010, 09:57 PM
Hello forum,

We seem to bumping into a lot of white vynil fences lately. Obviously, when mowing grass you are going to throw some cut grass on the vynil fence. I was wandering what you do to make the grass easier to clean off the fence?

Also, how do you handle p!$$ed off neighbors, for whom you do not service, complaining about you throwing grass on their vynil fence that cost like $10 bajillion dollars to install?

ed2hess
03-31-2010, 10:29 PM
Don't throw it against the fence....but I can assure you that if you use a trimmer along that fence it will get grass stain on it. We finally had to give up the customer after washing it a couple times and trying to convince them to use roundup.

topsites
03-31-2010, 10:32 PM
I usually drop the rubber chute down, throw the gear into 1st and slow the
rpm's to almost idle, it's slow going but it beats me having to clean it.

Also, how do you handle p!$$ed off neighbors, for whom you do not service, complaining about you throwing grass on their vynil fence that cost like $10 bajillion dollars to install?

If it's their fence you have to clean it lol

Probably some soapy water and a rag should do it, regular water might, it's only plastic.

clean_cut
03-31-2010, 11:12 PM
Hmmm, that's hard, the trimmer will probably stain the fence, maybe use round up or try to cut the grass below the normal level (so the stain doesn't show above the grass level). Maybe some type of rock or brick border around the fence, I'm not sure how good it would look though.

tstutz
03-31-2010, 11:32 PM
Have a customer that has this and i just take the time to go slow and throw the grass away for a couple passes. this eliminates it being completly covered with clippings. as for trimming, i dont have to worry about it because he has 12 horses that love the grass.

N.TX
03-31-2010, 11:35 PM
I always cut 3 passes away before I throw it near the fence.

unkownfl
04-01-2010, 12:03 AM
I run a mulch plate or kit so I don't throw grass from the mowers onto the fence. I can cut with a line trimmer and not get the fence dirty just have to tilt the head and cut right above the roots it looks ugly the first couple times but its the only way. Once those fences start getting older they break really easy too so try to to hit them with the line. Around here they are the only fence HOA will approve. It's vinyl by the way.